Liked
    0 times
    what s the name of the dam busters music??? please

[ 12. June 2003, 21:31: Message edited by: DB7 ]

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    2 times
    The Dam Busters March by Eric Coates although most of the background music was written by Leighton Lucas.

Liked
    1 times
    Is this one of the most memorable music scores for a film, or could it be Bridge on the River Kwai or have you a better one . I think sometimes the music at the start and during the film adds a lot to it.

Liked
    0 times
    The Dambusters score is great, and as you say, it sets the scene really well. The March, which I think preceded the film, is integrated into the complete score really well. The mood is upbeat, but not jingoistic - the film doesn't pull back from showing the great loss of life involved in the raids.

As for war films in general, I like the Battle of Britain by Ron Goodwin, as it characterises the opposing sides very well (the pastiche German music is spot on). I'm hoping to hear Walton's original score soon.

A film set before the War but with a good score is The Nightmare Years (US TV series, so slightly outside the scope of this site, perhaps!). The credits are accompanied by a really sinister march.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    Is this one of the most memorable music scores for a film, or could it be Bridge on the River Kwai or have you a better one . I think sometimes the music at the start and during the film adds a lot to it.
    The Colonel Bogey theme from Bridge on the River Kwai had a life before (and after) the film that's nothing to do with the film so it doesn't always make people think of the film the way the dambusters music does.

They did the Walton Battle of Britain score at the 2007 proms "Music from Great British Films". Although they had large screens either side of the orchestra showing scenes from the films, I didn't need them. That music instantly makes me see dogfights

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    I have four memorable themes in mind all by John Barry. "Born Free." "Goldfinger." "Zulu." and "Midnight Cowboy."

Member Country: England bitterblue's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    .....the most memorable film theme music that never was.... 'The Ballad of Easy Rider'.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    While The Dambusters March is it's title. There has been a lot of controversy over the theme and the song, I'll Never Stop Loving You Dear. The music to both sound the same although written by different composers.

Senior Member Country: England earlb's Avatar
    Liked
    15 times
    While The Dambusters March is it's title. There has been a lot of controversy over the theme and the song, I'll Never Stop Loving You Dear. The music to both sound the same although written by different composers.
    When I first heard 'The Dambusters' I immediately recognised 'I'll never stop loving you'