Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    3 times
    I was looking forward to seeing Dangerous Davies back on the box, but unfortunately it had a couple of less than credible moments during the heist. Ramming a security van head-on with a rear-engine bus is akin to trying to knock down a brick wall with an MFI wardrobe. Security vans don’t have rear doors, they have an steel panel on the inside and the doors are welded shut i.e. they no longer function as doors . There is just a small steel guillotine hatch for passing stuff in and out in the side of the vehicle, and the person inside the cash part of the vehicle cannot open any doors whatsoever, and can’t even get out.

Despite this it was nice to see a few old faces on the screen; Anthony Valentine, Roger Daltrey. All blaggers’ wives on the telly seem to be middle aged, tarty, blonde and suntanned and like in the words of that old Squeeze hit Cool For Cats from the late 70s “..........it’s funny how their missus always looks the bleedin’ same!”

Liked
    150 times
    I am not a great fan of Peter Davidson, but I like Dangerous Davies - I've always been a fan of Leslie Thomas anyway.

What I was amazed at was Roger Daltrey - OR, was it Michael Crawford? Has anybody ever seen them together? The similarity is spooooooky!

Anybody else noticed it?

Starry x

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    name='Starry-Eyed']I am not a great fan of Peter Davidson, but I like Dangerous Davies - I've always been a fan of Leslie Thomas anyway.

What I was amazed at was Roger Daltrey - OR, was it Michael Crawford? Has anybody ever seen them together? The similarity is spooooooky!

Anybody else noticed it?

Starry x

I read your post before watching the programme Starry and I kept thinking about Michael Crawford every time Roger Daltrey was on screen. It is quite a resemblance. I liked this episode but would have enjoyed seeing more of Anthony Valentine and less of Sean Hughes. A solid start to the series.

Liked
    0 times
    name='batman']I read your post before watching the programme Starry and I kept thinking about Michael Crawford every time Roger Daltrey was on screen. It is quite a resemblance. I liked this episode but would have enjoyed seeing more of Anthony Valentine and less of Sean Hughes. A solid start to the series.

Whn I saw the first of the many 'trailers' for the sho, I thought it was an over-weight, craggier version of Michael Crawford as well! I wonder if Daltry has gone deaf with that loud music he performed?

Liked
    255 times
    name='Jim']Whn I saw the first of the many 'trailers' for the sho, I thought it was an over-weight, craggier version of Michael Crawford as well! I wonder if Daltry has gone deaf with that loud music he performed?

His old mate Townsend has .....

Liked
    0 times
    Worth watching for Emma Amos alone.

Liked
    255 times
    name='Jackdaw']Worth watching for Emma Amos alone.

I'll second that.

Bats

Liked
    69 times
    I didn't see it - was Davidson's gorgeous daughter,Georgia Moffet in it?

Ta Ta

Marky B

Liked
    255 times
    name='Marky B']I didn't see it - was Davidson's gorgeous daughter,Georgia Moffet in it?

Ta Ta

Marky B

Indeed she was.

Senior Member Country: England faginsgirl's Avatar
    Liked
    416 times
    They have started to repeat this series with Peter Davison and even though I watch it I can`t work out whether I enjoy it or not or whether in fact it is any good .

What does everyone else think of it?

xx

Super Moderator Country: Fiji
    Liked
    114 times
    It's not bad, but in reality there is only one true 'Last Detective' - the brilliant Bernard Cribbins, who played him in the original TV film of Leslie Thomas' novel...

It is available on DVD and has a much better characterisation and atmosphere than the series IMHO.

Smudge