Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked
    0 times
    i dont know what it is but whenver I mention the people who did voices for cartoons my friends eyes glaze over. However, these people have fascinatied me since Iwas a child.

The most well known practioner of this art was the great Mel Blanc as well as providing most of the voices for the Warner Bros stable he also was the voice of Barney Rubble in the Flintstones.

Other talented voice over actors were Daws Butler who provided many voices for Hanna Barbera television shows and also worked with Stan Freburg on record and tv, Don Messick another Hanna Barbera stalwart.

Never hear anyone mention the name of Alan Reed who was the voice of Fred Flintstone, he was in a few Hollywood films in small parts, original version of Postman Always Rings Twice, he was also Audrey Hepburns jailbird buddy in,"Breakfast At Tiffanys,"

Senior Member Country: Australia wadsy's Avatar
    Liked
    40 times
    There,s Arnold stang, the voice of "Top Cat". He did the voices of many

cartoon characters. He also played the part of Frank Sinatra's buddy in

"The Man with the golden arm"!

Super Moderator Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    86 times
    Listen out for "That's All Folks! The Mel Blanc Story" on BBC Radio Four 11:30 - 12:00 on Tuesday 06/05/08.

A centenary tribute to Mel Blanc, the man who provided countless voices for cartoon characters, such as Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, Sylvester the Cat, Tweety Pie, Foghorn Leghorn and many, many more. Presenter Jimmy Hibbert tells the story of the 20th Century's greatest cartoon voice.

Nick

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for that I will listen out should be a fascinating programme.

Liked
    1 times
    If you ever catch the cast of the 'Simpsons' in the actors studio, watch it!!

Magic, pure magic!!

Liked
    144 times
    In Disney's Alice in Wonderland soundtrack, when hearing the A-E-I-O-U song, by the caterpillar (), I thought: I know this nasal voice!!

And after all, my "hardware" memory is not so bad, it's the voice of Richard Haydn who played Cluny Brown' s hilarious "fianc�" in this Lubitsch last (and forever great)

Moon.

Senior Member Country: England jaycad's Avatar
    Liked
    100 times
    and there's lorenzo music who was the voice of 'garfield'

Senior Member Country: England mallee59's Avatar
    Liked
    8 times
    I also liked to know who was doing the voices for cartoons ever since watching the jungle book. Phil Harris and George Sanders are 2 that spring to mind...

Then Robin Hood, Terry Thomas as Sir Hiss with Peter Ustinov as Prince John...

Senior Member Country: Great Britain scenesixty's Avatar
    Liked
    5 times
    name='wadsy']There,s Arnold stang, the voice of "Top Cat". He did the voices of many

cartoon characters. He also played the part of Frank Sinatra's buddy in

"The Man with the golden arm"!

Don't forget 'Mammy Two Shoes' the maid/housekeeper in the ORIGINAL Tom & Jerry cartoons! voiced by Lillian Randolph; probably showcased best in 'Sleepy Time Tom' and 'Push Button Kitty' : "Tamas! Zat U Sleepin'?".. excellent and best voice ever!!

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    69 times
    name='Harleybloke']If you ever catch the cast of the 'Simpsons' in the actors studio, watch it!!

Magic, pure magic!!

That I would love to see.

Ta Ta

Marky B

Senior Member Country: England mallee59's Avatar
    Liked
    8 times
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMOQnJ-SLHI&feature=related]YouTube - The Simpsons - Voices: Bart, Homer, Lisa, Moe, Mr. Burns[/ame]

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    Honourable mentions must go to Frank Welker and Casey Kasem as 'Scooby Doo' and 'Shaggy'.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    1 times
    name='scenesixty']Don't forget 'Mammy Two Shoes' the maid/housekeeper in the ORIGINAL Tom & Jerry cartoons! voiced by Lillian Randolph; probably showcased best in 'Sleepy Time Tom' and 'Push Button Kitty' : "Tamas! Zat U Sleepin'?".. excellent and best voice ever!!

I couldn't agree more. It's just a shame that the voice got dubbed over in quite a number of the T & J cartoons when they were released on DVD, including editing out the blacked-face gags.

Senior Member Country: England Captain Casper's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Adam West as Mayor Adam West in Family Guy. What great casting. The man's a legend.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    1 times
    name='Captain Casper']Adam West as Mayor Adam West in Family Guy. What great casting. The man's a legend.

Absolutely!

Senior Member Country: Great Britain scenesixty's Avatar
    Liked
    5 times
    name='Carl V']I couldn't agree more. It's just a shame that the voice got dubbed over in quite a number of the T & J cartoons when they were released on DVD, including editing out the blacked-face gags.

Yes! Most unfortunate! In the u.S.A. in (1952) The Academy declared the 'voice' as constitutionally 'racist' so that South American dailect was dropped!-Lillian herself said she based the character on actress Hattie McDaniel, at that time playing buxom househeeper/maid parts to affluent households. No matter what, the original voiceovers were great! They are to be seen on the released early nineties original VHS recordings (T & J). Best.

Senior Member Country: Europe Bernardo's Avatar
    Liked
    13 times
    Miss Piggy, the Swedish Chef, Beaker et al come to this Kermit mind when this subject arises.

Those who can 'do' voices with children/grandchildren can have great fun in Toys R Us getting the toys to talk to your little ones. Easier as a grandparent as customers make 'allowances' and smile rather than reach for the mobile.

I count in my list of failed amibitions being able to 'do' Donald Duck.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    1 times
    name='Bernardo']Miss Piggy, the Swedish Chef, Beaker et al come to this Kermit mind when this subject arises.

Ah yes, The Muppet Show. I have fond memories of that having watched it as a kid. I used to love the two old guys who were always making fun of the various acts.

Senior Member Country: England Captain Casper's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    name='Carl V']Ah yes, The Muppet Show. I have fond memories of that having watched it as a kid. I used to love the two old guys who were always making fun of the various acts.

I've got the utterly cringeworthy Star Wars Muppet Show episode somewhere. No wonder Mark Hammill ended up doing video game work.

Senior Member Country: UK Moor Larkin's Avatar
    Liked
    120 times
    There is a Patrick McGeehan, an American cartoon voice-artist, whose name seems to have led to Patrick McGoohan getting a credit for voicing over Mel-o-Toons cartoons in some lists I have come across over time..........

I even half-believed it myself for a while.....

I think imdb have sorted themselves out now.....

Mr. McGeehan seems to be well-known in American toon circles. It's amazing the places hobbies take you sometimes..........

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast