Liked
    0 times
    My favourite film of all time is being rereleased on Region 2 in the form of a 3-disc box set next month and I can hardly contain myself. The set includes both the original and the director's cut version, which to avid fans of the film, like myself, is a huge bonus.

Play.com (UK) : Picnic At Hanging Rock: Deluxe Edition (3 Discs) : DVD - Free Delivery

Senior Member Country: England mrs_emma_peel's Avatar
    Liked
    155 times
    I bought this fabulous 3 disc set, a while back, from Australia, and, I am delighted to confirm that this is an absolutely beautifully presented DVD boxed set. Picnic At Hanging Rock must be one the most hauntingly mysterious and beautifully enigmatic films ever made.

The splendid re-mastered picture/audio quality of the extended runtime - original version; and the director's cut version, the incredible amount of extra material/film footage, including a 120 min documentary film: A Dream Within A Dream - plus the beautiful artwork of the presentation - shows the enormous care taken in producing this special Deluxe Edition. Very pleased it is being re-released in the UK.

The film features one of my favourite actresses: Helen Morse, who was also superb in the magnificent Australian award winning television mini-series: A Town Like Alice.

This very special Deluxe Edition of Peter Weir's Picnic At Hanging Rock is one of the finest boxed sets I have

Senior Member Country: England mrs_emma_peel's Avatar
    Liked
    155 times
    I just checked on my Australian Collector's Edition of Picnic At Hanging Rock and although it is virtually identical in artwork and extras - it is just a 2 disc set - and does not feature, as I originally thought, the longer original version - so the UK Region 2 - three disc Deluxe Edition release will be even better! Will pre-order immediately.

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    Just bought the R2 3-disc set - a most excellent complement to a superbly haunting and thought-provoking film.

Senior Member Country: Vatican Sgt Sunshine's Avatar
    Liked
    212 times
    Excellent news...........didn't know there was a "Directors Cut" to this , one of my favourite Aussie films.............

Cheers

Sgt S

Liked
    2 times
    The Director's Cut has about seven minutes of scenes removed compared to the theatrical release (no doubt mostly for reasons of pacing and to make it seem even more mysterious than it already is).

A good thing that the 3 disc set also includes the theatrical release - best of both worlds and all that. :)

Senior Member Country: Germany Wolfgang's Avatar
    Liked
    9 times
    Peter Weir removed scenes that he was forced to insert since its producers thought it was too enigmatic and required more exposition. For what it is worth I actually agree with them - these things can become to ethereal and surreal - but to be honest it is great in either cut.

Liked
    144 times
    Good new !! I've seen this just once and was very impressed by its beautiful, unusual, fantastic atmosphere

Moon. (who is hum englished tonight )

Liked
    2 times
    It's well worth a re-watch - one of those films that I feel I could watch many times. It's quite something.