Liked
    0 times
    The title pretty much describes it all really. I can't say for sure if it was a drama or a reconstruction for a documentary but whatever it was, it was definately aired in the very early 1990's on British television. I was only a kid at the time but that particular shot of them dancing and singing has stuck with me all this time. Does it ring any bells with anyone?

Liked
    0 times
    I have a vague memory of this, too. If anything I think it could be a public safety film warning of the dangers of pylons/electrical stations. There are threads concerning public info films and it may be mentioned on one of them.

Liked
    0 times
    I put some more thought into this last night and I'm 85% sure it was a reconstruction in a documentary about ghostly sightings. The reason I say this is because I vaguely remember two other scenes; one of which being the sighting on an RAF pilot standing by the side of a motorway (apparently his plane crashed during the WW2 on land that had now been taken by the motorway) and the second sighting was by a passer by that happend to look up towards a lit window at night to see a girl floating above her bed in mid-air (sort of like in The Exorcist, only she wasn't possessed, and had seemingly no knowledge of this nightly occurrence).

I initially thought that maybe these 3 stories were from Strange But True, presented by Michael Aspel (early 1990's) but I could be wrong.

Anyone else remember any of this?

Senior Member Country: England billy farmer's Avatar
    Liked
    308 times
    the children dancing under the pylon and the sighting of the raf pilot standing by the side of the motorway was from the strange but true episode about stocksbridge bypass in yorkshire the girl floating above her bed in mid-air was from the strange but true episode about the enfield poltergeist.

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for confirming Billy, much appreciated!

Liked
    0 times
    Ah well, a bit more info there. Not what I was thinking about then!

Liked
    0 times
    Grey, I think I know what you're referring to. Was it not an advert for Menigitus? I seem to remember there being an advert with a group of kids playing around a pylon, falling down one by one. It was in greyscale and was on TV about 5-10 years ago.

I'm almost sure this is what you might have meant.

Liked
    0 times
    !

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TCg1sVGfTkA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TCg1sVGfTkA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Liked
    0 times
    Christ kawolski, that was scary!

I sometimes wish video had never been invented; adverts, news reports and sporting events looked so much better filmed on film.

Liked
    0 times
    [QUOTE=nandywell;150266It was in greyscale and was on TV about 5-10 years ago.

I'm almost sure this is what you might have meant.[/QUOTE]

I'm afraid that is unlikely (though possible) Nandywell as I've been living in Australia for over 8 years...narrows the time frame down a lot. I think it was the film clip posted by Kowalski if anything.

Liked
    0 times
    name='kawolski']!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TCg1sVGfTkA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TCg1sVGfTkA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Yep, pretty sure that's the one I was thinking of. Cheers.

Liked
    0 times
    Or there is this one guys that came out about the same time.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cna-MelQjGA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cna-MelQjGA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Can't seem to find the ring o roses one but definately remember it.

There was another about the warnings of overhead cables with a guy walking a boat on a trailer and the mast hitting the powerlines.

They were proper hung up about pylons and electricity cables in the 70's.

It's no wonder i'm psychologically damaged. Can't walk past a sub-station and not hear the echoes of, JIMMMMMMMMY!

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='kawolski']Can't seem to find the ring o roses one but definately remember it.

There was another about the warnings of overhead cables with a guy walking a boat on a trailer and the mast hitting the powerlines.

They were proper hung up about pylons and electricity cables in the 70's.

It's no wonder i'm psychologically damaged. Can't walk past a sub-station and not hear the echoes of, JIMMMMMMMMY!

There was another one about a fisherman with a very long carbon fibre pole where he climbed a fence without dismantling the pole and managed to get it to touch an overhead electricity cable! Frying tonight

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    Yes, I can remember both of those mentioned above. They worked. My first girlfriend used to quake just going under a power line.

I'm still really nervous about electical stuff but this may be more to do with lots of cheap amps/guitars when I was a teenage punk. We often got zapped by it! I'm tempted to write "Jimmy, Jimmy" here but probably shouldn't!

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='Greyandwhite']I'm still really nervous about electical stuff but this may be more to do with lots of cheap amps/guitars when I was a teenage punk. We often got zapped by it! I'm tempted to write "Jimmy, Jimmy" here but probably shouldn't!

Having worked in electrical engineering and electronics, we used to get mains shocks regularly. Most of us survived relatively unscathed We got used to them.

The worse ones were the high voltage DC shocks from lines used to power valves and things like the old nixie tube (alphanumeric display). They could really sting.

But of course they're nothing like the very high voltage carried on transmission lines. it's definitely worth being very wary of those.

Steve