Page 115 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 3073
    Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    name='Marky B']Lovely day here,so I took my dad to the Headland in Hartlepool (where he was born in 1920) and pushed him around in his wheelchair for an hour or so,letting him take in the sea air. He reminisced about the old buildings and buildings no longer there. Passed the Heugh battery,which was witness to the bombardment in 1914 and where the first British soldier was killed on British soil in the Great War.

The plan was to have fish and chips form the legendary Verrill's,not far from St Hilda's Church,but we missed them as they were shut,so we settled for a very nice fish and chips in The Tall Ships pub in Hart village. There are selected meals where you can two meals for �7.00 before 5.00pm. Excellent fish and chips.

My dad is now in bed fast asleep.

Ta Ta

Marky B

Sounds like a great day.

Senior Member Country: England John Llewellyn Moxey's Avatar
    Liked
    45 times
    Let us never forget.

John

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Mark O's Avatar
    Liked
    202 times
    name='Marky B']Lovely day here,so I took my dad to the Headland in Hartlepool (where he was born in 1920) and pushed him around in his wheelchair for an hour or so,letting him take in the sea air. He reminisced about the old buildings and buildings no longer there. Passed the Heugh battery,which was witness to the bombardment in 1914 and where the first British soldier was killed on British soil in the Great War.

The plan was to have fish and chips form the legendary Verrill's,not far from St Hilda's Church,but we missed them as they were shut,so we settled for a very nice fish and chips in The Tall Ships pub in Hart village. There are selected meals where you can two meals for �7.00 before 5.00pm. Excellent fish and chips.

Ta Ta

Marky B

That's because he's a contented Dad Marky and proud of you as his son

From the posts i've read you do have some good value eateries on Teeside, glad you both had a great day out

Senior Member Country: UK EHV_Emmetts's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    name='mallee59']Sorry EHV, hope you find something soon.

Thanks for that kind comment.

Had the chance of a Peter Vaughn autograph on Saturday and forgot to go back to the stall....oh well...maybe next week

Better luck next time.

Senior Member Country: UK EHV_Emmetts's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    name='faginsgirl']Sorry to hear this EHV! I have been in the same situation on and off for years now, its no fun, but hopefully something will come up for you soon. Keep going!

xx

Thanks FG.

I'm finding it very frustrating. I manage to find a job and get into the swing of things and then it's time to leave.

Searching the Jobcentre website and several employment agencies websites I've found that there is very little available.

Senior Member Country: England faginsgirl's Avatar
    Liked
    416 times
    Me and mr FG have just been locked in our living room!

I tried to open the living room door and it wouldn`t open, mr FG thought I was joking until he tried! The oven was on in the kitchen too! So, I had to climb out of the window, saying `what must the neighbours think?`, on top of gravel and I had no shoes or socks on, my shoes are kept in the passage but of course I couldn`t get there. Luckily, my feet landed on some ivy but I had to walk across the gravel to the front door with a set of keys!

Once at the front door I opened it, ran to turn the oven off and got mr FG`s tool kit, went back round to the living room window (with shoes on this time) and eventually, although it took a while he got the lock off and the door opened!

Phew!

xx

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    69 times
    name='Mark O']That's because he's a contented Dad Marky and proud of you as his son

From the posts i've read you do have some good value eateries on Teeside, glad you both had a great day out

Thanks,Mark - the sea air knocked him out a bit though. He was going out with me tonight,but I think he has changed his mind. So he is stopping in with a tankard of stout and a sandwich. He has just enjoyed a blueberry muffin from Morrison's.

Last year,or year before,we went to a restaurant near the Hartlepool Marina and my dad and my brother got fish and chips,and for somewhere near the sea,the fish was the frozen type you get in a supermarket. This one today,was fresh fish in golden batter and it was delicious. I should have my dad's,as his fish was bigger - he can't eat much now - but by the time I spotted it,he had vinegar on it. So a bit was left,though I explained to the nice waitress why,still complimenting on the fish.

Ta Ta

Marky B

Senior Member Country: England mallee59's Avatar
    Liked
    8 times
    Sounds good Marky

Spent the day here just wandering in and out of the garden as I did my marathon yesterday and am feeling it today, well was a marathon for me. Went to some fishing lakes near here with my mate and had a look around as we will start going fishing again soon when I am a bit more mobile. Fish were rolling and splashing everywhere and its a really nice spot near sherwood forest. Also has access to get the car really close to the fishing swims so good all round.

Liked
    416 times
    Tut! Never mind about fish! Does no one care that I was a prisoner in my own home then?

xx

Senior Member Country: UK Freddy's Avatar
    Liked
    243 times
    name='faginsgirl']Tut! So does no one care that I was a prisoner in my own home then?

xx

Actually faginsgirl, I was still being thankful that your use of the apostrophe and space bar was correct.

Once at the front door I opened it, ran to turn the oven off and got mr FG`s tool kit, went back round to the living room window (with shoes on this time) and eventually, although it took a while he got the lock off and the door opened!

would they have stocked them at B&Q?

FrEddy

Senior Member Country: England mallee59's Avatar
    Liked
    8 times
    name='faginsgirl']Tut! Never mind about fish! Does no one care that I was a prisoner in my own home then?

xx

Liked
    416 times
    name='Freddy']

would they have stocked them at B&Q?

FrEddy

Stocked what at B&Q? Ovens, tool kits or locks?

xx

Senior Member Country: United States torinfan's Avatar
    Liked
    71 times

Ta Ta

Marky B

Sounds like it was a wonderful day. :)

Liked
    416 times
    I never knew Hartlepool had so much history Marky! I will have to investigate further!

xx

Senior Member Country: UK Freddy's Avatar
    Liked
    243 times
    name='faginsgirl']Stocked what at B&Q? Ovens, tool kits or locks?

xx

Pay attention at the back of the class

Actually faginsgirl, I was still being thankful that your use of the apostrophe and space bar was correct.

mr FG`s tool kit

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Mark O's Avatar
    Liked
    202 times
    name='faginsgirl']Me and mr FG have just been locked in our living room!

I tried to open the living room door and it wouldn`t open, mr FG thought I was joking until he tried! The oven was on in the kitchen too! So, I had to climb out of the window, saying `what must the neighbours think?`, on top of gravel and I had no shoes or socks on, my shoes are kept in the passage but of course I couldn`t get there. Luckily, my feet landed on some ivy but I had to walk across the gravel to the front door with a set of keys!

Phew!

xx

Ouch!........that's one thing I can't do is be barefoot, it all stems back to treading some sharp wire entering my foot when younger..........glad you got it all sorted

Senior Member Country: Australia ShirlGirl's Avatar
    Liked
    199 times
    So Mr FG didn't offer to go out the window?

Why is it the wife always has to deal with things? My husband always calls out when he sees a spider in the house. I come running and he's standing well back from it, just looking at it. I say, "Well don't just stand there looking at the darn thing! Why can't you take your shoe off and wack it?" He says, "Because you're better at that than I am." Yeah yeah. Braver, too.

Anyway, I'm glad it worked out OK, FG.

Liked
    416 times
    name='ShirlGirl']So Mr FG didn't offer to go out the window?

Why is it the wife always has to deal with things? My husband always calls out when he sees a spider in the house. I come running and he's standing well back from it, just looking at it. I say, "Well don't just stand there looking at the darn thing! Why can't you take your shoe off and wack it?" He says, "Because you're better at that than I am." Yeah yeah. Braver, too.

Anyway, I'm glad it worked out OK, FG.

Ha ha well he wouldn`t have fit through the window, I`m suprised I even managed to get my big bum out without getting stuck! The neighbours probably thought there was an eclipse

xx

Senior Member Country: Australia ShirlGirl's Avatar
    Liked
    199 times
    name='faginsgirl']Ha ha well he wouldn`t have fit through the window, I`m suprised I even managed to get my big bum out without getting stuck! The neighbours probably thought there was an eclipse

xx
    You're a character!!! I'm trying not to visualise it!

Senior Member Country: Vatican Sgt Sunshine's Avatar
    Liked
    212 times
    name='ShirlGirl'] You're a character!!! I'm trying not to visualise it!

I AM trying to visualise you FaginsGirl..... But its not worling

We did have an eclipse (total) down here in Plymouth in 1999, but that one was MY fault

Cheers

Sgt S

PS The wife hates spiders, I have to seek, destroy & provide corpses (or she won't believe me)