Thread: posting pics

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    hi can anyone tell me why I cant post a pic on my replies to posts i cant find the info I need on FAQs no probs when I post text but when I want to include a pic from my pc there is no box marked manage attachments is this due to me using firefox ? have just found a box saying I cant post attachments !!! help cheers marker

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times
    I just save a picture in Photobucket and then copy and paste the IMG code - have you tried that? If you don't have a Photobucket account, it's free and dead easy to manage - if I can edit my pics in it, anyone can!

Liked
    151 times
    • Images To post an image on the forum. First upload your image to an online host. There are many free services available on the internet, such as ImageShack (ImageShack� - Image Hosting) and Photobucket (Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket), your image can be uploaded in an instant with varying linking methods.
    • Once uploaded, make a note of the image URL (address). Then return to the forum, and in the posting box press the image link in the menu bar: Now paste your image URL into the pop-up box and press 'OK'.
    • Images in BMP format are very large (in bytes) and don't show any more detail than the equivalent images in JPG or GIF format. This means they take ages to download (view), even on a fast connection. There are many public domain image viewers that also let you convert a BMP into a JPG or GIF before uploading it. Like IrfanView
    • If your image is very big then it'll probably be best to actually put a smaller, thumbnail image in the message and to have that link to the full sized image. That makes it easier for people to only download (view) the large images they want to see and it won't mess up the layout on the forum as huge images are wont to do.

To do that is a bit trickier, you'll need the URL of the full sized image and the URL of the thumbnail they display which you can get by doing a right click on the thumbnail and selecting "Copy image location". The actual words used when you right click depends on your browser. Then write it out in the forum message like [url=Full URL][img=Thumbnail URL][/url]

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi many thanks chaps off now to open a photobucket account and see if i can get this to work Marker

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='DB7']

• If your image is very big then it'll probably be best to actually put a smaller, thumbnail image in the message and to have that link to the full sized image. That makes it easier for people to only download (view) the large images they want to see and it won't mess up the layout on the forum as huge images are wont to do.

To do that is a bit trickier, you'll need the URL of the full sized image and the URL of the thumbnail they display which you can get by doing a right click on the thumbnail and selecting "Copy image location". The actual words used when you right click depends on your browser. Then write it out in the forum message like [url=Full URL][img=Thumbnail URL][/url]

Although now it seems to automatically limit the size of all images with a bar at the top saying "This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image."

Steve

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times
    One thing to note about Photobucket - you can edit the pictures but you do need to refresh a couple of times for the editing to take, so refresh the screen with the gallery before you post an edited picture.