Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked
    1 times
    I remember Lidsay had a framed, signed photograph of Ford on his kitchen wall alongside one of the Queen Mother.

His home help told me he saluted both very morning with his first cup of tea of the day

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Juniors Farm
    Also the scene where Mick Travis samples coffee by drinking it from Rachel Roberts mouth has to be one of the most erotic in cinema (or is it just me)
    Also the scene with McDowell and Helen Mirren in the back of the van. Lucky man indeed!

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    1 times
    In the Chocolate Sandwich scene who are the actresses who sit on James Bolam and Malcolm Mcdowell's laps ?

Intrestingly the scene also features David Dakar and Michael Elphick of the much later Boon sitting at same table

Senior Member Country: UK EHV_Emmetts's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    From IMDb.

O Lucky Man! (1973)

Liked
    1 times
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    anna dawson?

Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BobL
    anna dawson?

Yes def her -do you know the other one with james Bolam?

Liked
    0 times
    Not seen it for years. must confess I don't recall Helen Mirren being in it.

I think it's just been re-released. I am waiting to be sent it by LoveFilm. Have If... on my waiting list also

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    13 times
    I was playing the soundtrack LP last night and it still sounds great. Does anyone know how Alan Price became involved on "O Lucky Man" ?

Liked
    4 times
    Alan Price and his music group, the Alan Price Set, were quite well known in the late 60s - Price also worked with The Animals, Bob Dylan and most famously with Georgie Fame - they appeared regularly on TV together, including I think the Two Ronnies and various David Frost shows. Lindsay Anderson thought of making a documentary about the group on tour, liked Alan personally (he was from Jarrow, for God's sake!), but copyright problems put paid to the idea. Then Lindsay thought of Alan for the music for O Lucky Man! However, I think Alan did the music for the stage production of Home, which Lindsay directed, which would have come before O Lucky Man! The commentary to the DVD version probably has much more detail.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Captain Oates's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianTurner
    Alan Price and his music group, the Alan Price Set, were quite well known in the late 60s - Price also worked with The Animals, Bob Dylan and most famously with Georgie Fame - they appeared regularly on TV together, including I think the Two Ronnies and various David Frost shows. Lindsay Anderson thought of making a documentary about the group on tour, liked Alan personally (he was from Jarrow, for God's sake!), but copyright problems put paid to the idea. Then Lindsay thought of Alan for the music for O Lucky Man! However, I think Alan did the music for the stage production of Home, which Lindsay directed, which would have come before O Lucky Man! The commentary to the DVD version probably has much more detail.
    Yes, Lindsay commissioned music from Alan Price for Home at the Royal Court in 1970, and was still using Alan as his 'house' composer for theatre productions into the 1990s.

In the early 1980s Alan Price did a BBC2 programme in which he combined his Jarrow-march type songs with readings from George Orwell, which Lindsay Anderson appeared in as the reader. In the annotations in Lindsay Anderson's Diaries, the editor's footnote erroneously assumes that the 'Alan' that Lindsay refers to in this context was Alan Bennett. However, I can't remember the name of the programme - anyone else recall this?

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Captain Oates's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Oates
    Yes, Lindsay commissioned music from Alan Price for Home at the Royal Court in 1970, and was still using Alan as his 'house' composer for theatre productions into the 1990s.

In the early 1980s Alan Price did a BBC2 programme in which he combined his Jarrow-march type songs with readings from George Orwell, which Lindsay Anderson appeared in as the reader. In the annotations in Lindsay Anderson's Diaries, the editor's footnote erroneously assumes that the 'Alan' that Lindsay refers to in this context was Alan Bennett. However, I can't remember the name of the programme - anyone else recall this?
    Can answer my own question here!

It's My Pleasure: George Orwell (1982), see:

BFI | Film & TV Database | George Orwell (Alan Price) (1982)

Has anyone else noticed that in the van scene of O Lucky Man! Alan is reading The Road To Wigan Pier?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12