Senior Member Country: Canada
    Liked
    0 times
    A bit odd, wot? A Region 1 DVD is available here (Vancouver Canada), though a bit hard to find -- but it is non-existent in UK. No video stores here stock it, but our Vancouver Public Library has two copies. I will get to see it again, thank goodness.

This charming political romance is a bit fluffy, but superior Brit writing, acting and production values made it memorable. I hope some of you remember ME AND MRS JONES as fondly as I do. It is a lightweight compared to HOUSE OF CARDS and A VERY BRITISH COUP, but shares some of their insight.

Senior Member Country: United States theuofc's Avatar
    Liked
    399 times
    name='Keechelus']A bit odd, wot? A Region 1 DVD is available here (Vancouver Canada), though a bit hard to find -- but it is non-existent in UK. No video stores here stock it, but our Vancouver Public Library has two copies. I will get to see it again, thank goodness.

This charming political romance is a bit fluffy, but superior Brit writing, acting and production values made it memorable. I hope some of you remember ME AND MRS JONES as fondly as I do. It is a lightweight compared to HOUSE OF CARDS and A VERY BRITISH COUP, but shares some of their insight.

I do remember it. Robson Green was quite good as the tabloid journalist in the romantic comedy. I wasn't keen on the slightly limp Caroline Goodall as the PM who, as I recall, wore flats to appear shorter than Robson. But it's a quibble. Many enjoyed the entire cast. I'm glad you could find it in your local library. I've been happily surprised at what I could find via my library also.

My all-time favourite Robson series was Touching Evil.

Best,

Barbara