Liked
    0 times
    Can someone help me find out the title of a short film I saw in Leicester square early 80's, before the main feature which was "The Wall" all I can remember is that it was about a girl being followed through a multi story car park...then I think she met a grisly end!

Also I have a vague memory of seeing a short film before seeing "On the buses" in the 70's about a man with a horse who picked up manure?

Senior Member Country: UK LocalHero's Avatar
    Liked
    2 times
    The one with the car park is, I think, Dead End - I think I vaguely remember seeing it when I went to see Smokey and the Bandit 2 (the shame). Didn't remember that it was Jenny Seagrove.

Can't help you with the horse manure collector though....

Senior Member Country: Scotland
    Liked
    0 times
    There's a Roy Kinnear short about a street cleaner but he doesn't have a horse.

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for replying, I am sure that is the film about the girl in the car park..not sure about the Roy Kinnear film, as I'm sure the lead character had a horse and cart and went around shouting "horse manure" all the time, maybe he sold it?

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    6 times
    Another suggestion about the cleaner is

Quackser Fortune

Not a short but he does collect horse manure in a cart for a living (if you rode a horse, would you need to?)

Liked
    0 times
    Hi, a suggestion for your horse manure question, again not a short, but the Stepford and Son movie opens with the two of them leaving a courthouse, their horse and cart are getting a parking ticket and they have to pick up manure before setting off. Don't recall the name of the movie it might just be Stepford and Son.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='litenup']Hi, a suggestion for your horse manure question, again not a short, but the Stepford and Son movie opens with the two of them leaving a courthouse, their horse and cart are getting a parking ticket and they have to pick up manure before setting off. Don't recall the name of the movie it might just be Stepford and Son.

It was Steptoe and Son in the UK. It became Sanford and Son in the US of A. You seem to have merged the two names

The film of Steptoe and Son was in 1972. The TV series ran from 1962.

It wasn't just them that did it though. We used to have a horse-drawn rag & bone man come round our way in the 1950s & 60s. He would always collect up what the horse left behind on the road - and then sell it to people. It's good for the roses

Steve

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    6 times
    name='Steve Crook']It was Steptoe and Son in the UK. It became Sanford and Son in the US of A. You seem to have merged the two names

No, this is the spin-off where Harold gets his dad replaced by a robot . . .

Senior Member Country: Europe
    Liked
    36 times
    name='Steve Crook']It was Steptoe and Son in the UK. It became Sanford and Son in the US of A. You seem to have merged the two names

The film of Steptoe and Son was in 1972. The TV series ran from 1962.

It wasn't just them that did it though. We used to have a horse-drawn rag & bone man come round our way in the 1950s & 60s. He would always collect up what the horse left behind on the road - and then sell it to people. It's good for the roses

Steve

Very occasionally, I'll hear a bell ring round here and it will be the modern equivalent of the rag and bone man - still with his horse and cart. I've definitely seen him at least once this year.