Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    I am sure this will have been asked before,apologies but i could not find it using the search facility.

What TV programming [not films] do you never tire of watching over and over again ?

For me it has to be 'The World at War' produced by Jeremy Issacs. I was eleven when it was first broadcast in 1973, my father encouraging me and my brother to watch it, and it had a very strong effect on me, making me realise how lucky I was, but more so what my father had been through as an evacuee from East London during the blitz. Now I try and watch it every time I can, in fact I may even buy the DVD set for myself

Senior Member Country: England faginsgirl's Avatar
    Liked
    416 times
    I suppose for me its all the Dad`s army, steptoe and son and upstairs,downstairs repeats.

xx

Senior Member Country: Australia
    Liked
    1 times
    Red Dwarf....never gets old.

Liked
    0 times
    Minder,Vicar of Dibley and One Foot in the Grave!

Liked
    1 times
    Randall & Hopkirk deceased (The original!), Dads Army, The Professionals, The Sweeney, Minder, Goodnight Sweetheart.

Senior Member Country: UK Merton Park's Avatar
    Liked
    9 times
    Between the Lines, Only Fools and Horses, Yes Minister, Hancock's Half Hour, Touch of Frost, Sweeney and Minder etc etc.

Liked
    69 times
    name='doebag']I am sure this will have been asked before,apologies but i could not find it using the search facility.

What TV programming [not films] do you never tire of watching over and over again ?

For me it has to be 'The World at War' produced by Jeremy Issacs. I was eleven when it was first broadcast in 1973, my father encouraging me and my brother to watch it, and it had a very strong effect on me, making me realise how lucky I was, but more so what my father had been through as an evacuee from East London during the blitz. Now I try and watch it every time I can, in fact I may even buy the DVD set for myself

Got it,Doebag - go for it.

Ta Ta

Marky B

Liked
    0 times
    How about To the Manor Born?

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Porridge

Liked
    0 times
    One Foot in the Grave, Steptoe and Son, Monty Python, Morecambe and Wise, Two Ronnies, Upstaris Downstairs. As for Us shows I love Everybody Loves Raymond, M..AS.H., The Munsters, Becker and Frasier.

Senior Member Country: UK EHV_Emmetts's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    name='doebag']What TV programming [not films] do you never tire of watching over and over again ? For me it has to be 'The World at War' produced by Jeremy Issacs.

Lawrence Olivier narration does, occasionally, lapse into the gouache - but that does not detract from the excellence of a truly brilliant series. Just think, this series was broadcast on ITV - how times have changed.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Mark O's Avatar
    Liked
    202 times
    The Good life, UKTV Gold the last proper episode yesterday.......gotta wait till Christmas for the Christmas episode "I'm not interested in your Sister's Dinette" I guess, but would gladly watch the whole lot all over again!

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    6 times
    name='Mark O']The Good life, UKTV Gold the last proper episode yesterday.......gotta wait till Christmas for the Christmas episode "I'm not interested in your Sister's Dinette" I guess, but would gladly watch the whole lot all over again!

Hear Hear Mark,

Love it in the Christmas special when measuring the tree... Tom.. `You`ve picked the wrong house here mate`

Senior Member Country: Wales
    Liked
    0 times
    I still watch 'The Good Life' and 'To the Manor Born' - oddly enough I wanted to be Margot

Every now and then I make the kids sit through some seventies or eighties sitcom - my son really liked 'Man about the house', 'George and Mildred!'

Also 'Rising damp' and The fall and rise of Reginald Perrin and 'The Young ones'

Some are very disapointing - Citizen Smith was pretty awful and I remembered it fondly. 'The Liver Birds' was a bit of a disapointment too.

'Butterflies' was also pretty amazing - I'm actually starting to turn in to her I think..I never thought it would happen..apart from the fact that I can now cook!

Rab c Nesbitt is funnier than I remembered it - there was a scene I saw recently, where they go in to a flat in a tower block and the kids ride in on a horse! I have been in flats like that - where maybe they have got a giant motorbike or a huge dog or something and you wonder how they got it up there. Spot on!

Sorry that was really long. I'm all excited about something.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    1 times
    British: Fawlty Towers, Keeping Up Appearances, Blackadder (especially series 2-4), The Prisoner, Doctor Who.

American: (original) Twilight Zone, Alfred Hitchcock Presents/Hour, (original) The Fugitive, The Andy Griffith Show, Mystery Science Theater 3000.

Senior Member Country: Vietnam hankoler's Avatar
    Liked
    5 times
    yes minister, the good life. I would like to see Alf Garnett again but its not PC these days is it.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='hankoler']yes minister, the good life. I would like to see Alf Garnett again but its not PC these days is it.

I would think that Till Death Do Us Part was perfectly PC as it's pointing out bigotry and how foolish it is

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    so many to choose from

mash,steptoe and son, porridge,red dwarf,on the buses,DOEBAG same story as me my father used to watch when i was younger and i got hooked every child growing up should be made to watch w.a.w. in school as we should never forget what happend.

Liked
    0 times
    The Prisoner and The Avengers -Diana Rigg

Liked
    0 times
    name='monksy']so many to choose from

mash,steptoe and son, porridge,red dwarf,on the buses,DOEBAG same story as me my father used to watch when i was younger and i got hooked every child growing up should be made to watch w.a.w. in school as we should never forget what happend.

Monksy, I made my son sit down and watch 'Nazis, a warning from history' with me, when it was on a few years ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast