Liked
    0 times
    need some help here.

trying to find out the name of a made in Britain as a tv movie serial. It occurred some years ago.

It was about a young pilot who was from a wealthy family, good looking, and popular man about town. He was badly burned about the face during the war, I think and was helped back by a young nurse who he fell in love with. His family did not see her as an acceptable mate. The program ran over several separate nites It also had a catchy jingo that ran thru out the series. The main actor was thin tall slight of build, had, I believe red hair, but Ive nver seen him in anything else It was later shown in the US on tv. I don't known the name of the movie, nor any of the actors, nor whether it's available on DVD

Thanks for any help.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    4 times
    Possibly The Last Enemy (ITV, 1956) although this was a one-off TV-film not a series.

Senior Member Country: Wales
    Liked
    0 times
    Possibly 'A Perfect Hero' made in 1991 with Nigel Havers?

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='Hugo']Possibly The Last Enemy (ITV, 1956) although this was a one-off TV-film not a series.

Based on the Richard Hilary autobiography of the same name.

I never knew anyone had made a film (even a TV film) of it.

I've read the book and he really was an arrogant little shit before he pranged his plane and got badly burned. Emeric Pressburger said it was one of the books he read while he was writing the script for A Matter of Life and Death

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    name='glyn horton']Possibly 'A Perfect Hero' made in 1991 with Nigel Havers?

Thanks that's it. Appreciate it very much- have been searching by myself for sometime and no .luck Was getting frustrated. So many of the older less than classics are going by the wayside.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    The Last Enemy starred Peter Murray. Yes, the Pete Murray when he was also an actor.

Senior Member Country: Wales
    Liked
    0 times
    name='george smiley']Thanks that's it. Appreciate it very much- have been searching by myself for sometime and no .luck Was getting frustrated. So many of the older less than classics are going by the wayside.

No problem! And the catchy tune used through the series was 'The Bells of Hell go Ting-a-ling a ling'