Thread: WALL-E Film

Liked
    0 times
    I heard the good reports re wall-e movie & my youngest child likes the robot so took the family and new the story line before hand

I personally & my wife were a bit dissapointed with the movie after all the hype.

Seem to drag out a bit with the robots part going scatty on the ship etc

My eldest boy 11yo curled up halfway through & lost interest even though he does have a attention deficit.

I dont think I could sit through it again. The 1st short animation presto wasvery well orchestrated though.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    It has been mentioned in the press that the very ending was, say, a bit of a letdown. My kids enjoyed it and we want to go and see it again. I personally think that the end credits should have been fully animated as a 'green' lesson: so many viewers started to leave when the credits came up and they missed the story. The kids are currently playing the Windows version of the Wall-E game and it seems to be very good with aspects that perhaps should have been included in the film.

Liked
    0 times
    I didn't like it's implications though. I mean I've often joked about fat lazy obese slobs causing the end of the world but it's one thing to joke about it but it's a completely different beast entirely however, to position it as a serious rational thought. Though the director does adamantly deny that and say that he was trying to illustrate the over dependency of mankind, but I like the other theory better, it allows me to criticize the director.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    We went to see it again, and it was very good: nice to see things we did not notice initally. Of course the end of the world was caused they suggested by corporate greed. The loss of bone calcium in space is it seems an accepted fact.

I was amazed though that a couple of girls interviewed by the press had seen the film 11 times and were going back for their 12th screening.

Senior Member Country: UK image45's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    When I was young I often watched films in double figure numbers over the school holidays, it was great back then to do that!!!!

Liked
    0 times
    I went to see it last Friday.I generally enjoy Pixar animation.I found it a crashing,or should i say crushing,bore.Only "Presto" the opening cartoon was worthwhile.Also far too long.

Senior Member Country: United States Lord Lionheart's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    I've seen it a few times ( every day) as I have 3 year old and a 5 year old boys. I've got to say it's a different type of movie from Pixar. It's more gentle and thought provoking than the brash rough and tumble characters of Cars or Toy Story. It's essentially a dystopian future movie with shades of the Omega man and even Hal from 2001 within the story, also involves the very relevant topic of the Green movement without being too preaching . The sub-plot is a nice little love story between robots Wall-E and Eva.

I thought the music was a good bonus too with tracks from Peter Gabriel, Louie Armstrong and the main theme from Michael Crawford. It did take me a while to get used to as it initially comes across as very subdued as there's not much dialog compared to other Pixar movies. Like I said I have 2 boys that watch it every day so I've grown to appreciate it.

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    My five year old loves it .... and so do his Mum and Dad!

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    13 times
    I saw it on Boxing Day, with the family on DVD. I enjoyed it, especially the early no dialogue part.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    We watched it quite recently on DVD and I have to say that I felt a bit disappointed, as though there was something missing. Wall-E himself is a very sympatheitic character and the portrayal of his lonely life with only the insect for company is moving. The parts where he yearns for a real life whilst watching clips from 'Hello Dolly' brought a tear to my eye. However, it got a bit tedious on board the spaceship and I must say I object to these 'eco message' films which ram questionable 'Mankind is wrecking the planet' messages down our childrens throats.