Senior Member Country: Great Britain hhhhancock's Avatar
    Liked
    2 times
    Has anyone a copy of this TV film please? The only commercial source seems to be in Australia although it doesn't seem to be available at the moment.

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Sorry I havent, but if I'm right these were the sky movies version of the Doc Martin character that first appeared in Saving Grace and has since become a TV series. Each incarnation of the Doc has changed slightly, these sky films, there was two made I believe, show a much kinder Doc in the Saving Grace vein than in the series.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain hhhhancock's Avatar
    Liked
    2 times
    name='destructive dandy']Sorry I havent, but if I'm right these were the sky movies version of the Doc Martin character that first appeared in Saving Grace and has since become a TV series. Each incarnation of the Doc has changed slightly, these sky films, there was two made I believe, show a much kinder Doc in the Saving Grace vein than in the series.

Yes your right about the character. I managed to download the first movie yesterday, haven't watched it yet but I believe he was a more genial character in the early, pre series, incarnations. I suspect that the producers decided to give him the grumpy personality to make the TV series a bit different from other dramas on the box. Regards.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    I have both of the original Doc Martin films on DVD's. Both have superb pictures and are in original anamorphic widescreen 16:9 format.