Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clockwise

Liked
    0 times
    Ah the memories of watching this on vhs back in 86 (?) I'm in the love it camp. His suit falling apart speech is just one of those moments when u belly laugh and the tears come.

:-)

Senior Member Country: England Nakke's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    I just watched this again, and for a non-british anglophile the landscape and the lines are just perfect. For instance the ones Palmer says when ushering people into the room..."super". Understated small little gem of a film.

Senior Member Country: UK Windthrop's Avatar
    Liked
    44 times
    Much preferred it to Wanda. A fine example of filmed farce.

Member Country: United States MacGuffin's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    I saw this in the cinema in Seattle when it came out as a teen and couldn't stop laughing. I still love returning to it, have watched it dozens of times on video since, definitely my favorite Cleese film, really the closest we ever got to getting Fawlty on film. But Wanda I also liked a great deal and don't really like to compare the two, Wanda was a black comedy, not a farce, and it did that job well. The sequel to Wanda of sorts "Fierce Creatures" was a bit of a disappointment, but certainly not unwatchable. Regrettably Cleese didn't have many starring roles after Python, but he did a great job in dozens of cameos over the years which was often the only reason I'd bother watching certain films.

Senior Member Country: United States robotoid97's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    I saw it when it first showed here, very good film and John Cleese was perfect, I thought it much funnier than Wanda though I thought Wanda was not bad

Member Country: Scotland
    Liked
    0 times
    For some reason I always think of this one in connection with Wilt (1990, the one with Smith & Jones)...........maybe the trailer for one was found on the old VHS of the other? LOL!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12