Senior Member Country: Great Britain Mark O's Avatar
    Liked
    202 times
    Never want hear anything by:

Morrissey/The Smiths

The Jam....all new wave/Punk

All (C)Rap

My Sharona - The Knack

Anything recorded by Charlotte Church or Mariah Carey, though I wasa fan of Mariah's when she first started but not no more!

Senior Member Country: Australia
    Liked
    1 times
    name='batman']

I just don't get it ..... wishy washy melodies with sub-Taupin lyrics and a tendency towards the pretentious. Awful.

Oh Batman, how can you compare the inane flatulence of a Taupin/John composition to the genius of Neil Finn?

As for Rod Stewart in The Small Faces: does the word 'coat-tails' mean anything?

Absolutely agree about James Taylor, though - the man's brilliant. If you get him on a good night in concert, he is one of the funniest, wittiest chaps around as well as a delight to the ears.

Liked
    0 times
    name='Wicked Lady']I always get an urge to set fire to something (or somebody) whenever I hear Louis Armstrong sing It's a Wonderful World.

I have to agree with you there I listen to a lot of radio from around the world and this is played on many of the stations which play easy listening favourites.

As a child I loved it, but its been done to death and Louis Armstrong has made many fine recordings but he really shouldnt be remembered for this one alone.

Liked
    0 times
    I wish radio stations around the world would please stop playing Patsy Clines version of Crazy, its a nice song, she was a great artist and the great Willie Neslosn wrote it, but I have enough of it. The can also stop playing"Brown Eyed Girl" "Baker Street." "Woman." and "Lady In Red.

Liked
    0 times
    "passengers" by Elton John really grates on me. In 1984 I was working in the same office as my girlfriend, they had to split us up which is company policy I suppose, but it was very upsetting for us both we were only young. They transferred me to the post room which I hated.

On my way to work in my lifts car,"Passengers." would be played regurlarly by Mike Reid to make matters worse my lift would sing the chorus,"want to get off he want to get off." I was the bloody passenger who wanted to get off.

I am a bit of an Elton fan, but I hate that dross and its not regarded as one his finest compostions.

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    Re Elton - Song for Guy ..... I know it's a tribute to a Rocket employee who was killed, but what a dreadful record.

Senior Member Country: England smiffy's Avatar
    Liked
    10 times
    name='batman']Smiffy .... you ruined a great post (at which I was nodding furiously) by praising the 'art' of Crowded House.

I just don't get it ..... wishy washy melodies with sub-Taupin lyrics and a tendency towards the pretentious. Awful.

James Taylor is great though.

Bats ,What can I say I have an eclectic taste in music

I have seen James Taylor in concert ,and he must have one of the most easy to listen to voices in music ,his singing Is effortless,a pure joy

Mr Wong, from our Chinese laundry ,wants to know whats wrong with a wishy washy melody ?

Senior Member Country: England smiffy's Avatar
    Liked
    10 times
    name='batman']Re Elton - Song for Guy ..... I know it's a tribute to a Rocket employee who was killed, but what a dreadful record.
    The only downside to his concert in 76

Liked
    0 times
    Charlenes "Never Been To Me," reminds me of another awful song from that era,"Torn Between Two Lovers," by Mary Mcgregor, written by Peter Yarrow of Peter Paul and Mary, I love PPM but what was he thinking of writing this garbage. A nice little earner for him but give me Puff The Magic Dragon anytime.

Liked
    0 times
    Japanese Boy! by whoever, aaarghhhhhhhhhhh!

Liked
    0 times
    Maureen Mcgoverns version of The Contintenal always grated on me, when Wogan played it in the seventies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12