Liked
    0 times
    anybody has any info on this Walter Summers DocuDrama? any help appreciated

Super Moderator Country: England
    Liked
    7 times
    Well, apart from what's on imdb, I could tell you that it was screened at the British Silent Film Festival at Nottingham a few years ago; it's interesting without being a classic; it features a semi-comic subplot of Islanders witnessing events that is remininscent of Dad's Army, and I guess from your interest that there's a Maltese connection !!

What specifically did you want to know??

Liked
    0 times
    Hi Penfold... great to hear from you again

after researching on Bolibar further, i came across the fact that H Bruce Woolfe had been in Malta in 1925 shooting a feature film aboard the HMS Malaya...

the articles i found pointed out that this was the first ever film for which the admiralty allowed the use of its ships... furthermore the screenplay was written by Taprell Dorling...

after having suspected this movie could be SONS OF THE SEA, i came across a still of the BATTLES OF THE CORONEL AND FALKLAND ISLANDS, which stated that it was shot on location off Malta!...

further research revealed that (drum roll) the HMS Malaya was actually used as one of the many ships appearing in here!!

so... whatever information emerges, is greatly appreciated...

1. my query still remains why the BFI list different screenwriters than Taprell Dorling

2. could iit be that there is yet another film filmed earlier that also used the HMS Malaya?

3. my initial article which said that Woolfe was in Malta stated also that the actors were all Officials... and that the female actress, (as female actors were not allowed on board) was played by a general's daughter!

Jean Pierre