Senior Member Country: United States Lord Lionheart's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    This is a longshot but you guys seem pretty good, this is my recollection of some rather vague memories from around 30 years ago.

I think the the movie was British ( could be American) the main scene I remember is a child who is rescued by an American (maybe) serviceman, who might drive an open Jeep. The boy has a teddy bear which has something hidden it it ( possibly a bomb??). I seem to recall the boy being taken by the serviceman and/or hiding in and around bombed out houses. I'm sure the movie was B & W and made in the late 40's or 50's. Sorry to be so vague but the main clue/memory is the boy and the teddy bear which has something hidden in it? Can anyone help or recommend a psychiatrist I'm sure I never dreamt this

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    A boy in a jeep with a teddy bear sounds like The Search with Monty Clift, the bear didn't have a bomb in it though.

Liked
    0 times
    name='batman']A boy in a jeep with a teddy bear sounds like The Search with Monty Clift, the bear didn't have a bomb in it though.

Wow that was quick. I would have said the city was postwar London and the boy was English. Just shows you how time and probably the immaturity of my young mind probably couldn't grasp that. I was probably less than 10 years old when I saw this many years ago on TV in England. In my mind the integral part of the plot was the teddy bear. I can't see any mention of a teddy bear, perhaps you are trying to not give the plot away??? Does he have a teddy bear ????

And thanks I'm pretty sure that is it, it's been bugging me on and off for years

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    The bear isn't an integral part of the plot, it's just something the boy has IIRC. Of course, I could be wrong about the film.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    Lord Lionheart, are you mixing it up in your memory with Hitchcock's Sabotage where the boy is carrying a bomb and doesn't know it? Although in that one the boy was on a bus

Steve

Liked
    137 times
    Or possibly Lance Comfort's Tomorrow at Ten except in that one the little boy is carrying a golliwog with a bomb hidden inside it ? ( not a WWII though )

Liked
    0 times
    name='dpgmel']Or possibly Lance Comfort's Tomorrow at Ten except in that one the little boy is carrying a golliwog with a bomb hidden inside it ? ( not a WWII though )

Could be I'm mixing up 2 movie plots from my childhood, only way is to check both out, but I appreciate your help