Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Can anyone help? I'm very eager to get hold of these two films, both of which featured the exquisite Simone Simon. VHS or DVD gratefully received/bought/grovelled for etc.

Cheers,

Ted

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    22 times
    (Ted Holmes @ Dec 18 2005, 07:20 PM)

Can anyone help? I'm very eager to get hold of these two films, both of which featured the exquisite Simone Simon. VHS or DVD gratefully received/bought/grovelled for etc.

Cheers,

Ted
    Ted,

I can help with a copy of "The extra day" if you still need it.

Best wishes

Mike

Liked
    0 times
    I am also looking for "Temptation Harbour" - would like it on DVD or VHS! Any region! This film MUST be in someone's collection, somewhere???! I know it was on TV sometime in the 80s...

Liked
    0 times
    Have been looking for this film for a few years now... I am certain it has been televised, probably in the early 80s... Starring Robert Newton...

Liked
    22 times
    I don't think Temptation Harbour has ever been shown on UK tv - I've been following transmissions pretty closely and recording to VHS since 1980!! C4 did show Robert Newton in Night Boat to Dublin (1945) during the late 1980s - this then surfaced again on Bravo in the early days of satellite. Still waiting for Temptation harbour I think.

Mike (MrT)

Liked
    0 times
    name='MrT']I don't think Temptation Harbour has ever been shown on UK tv - I've been following transmissions pretty closely and recording to VHS since 1980!! C4 did show Robert Newton in Night Boat to Dublin (1945) during the late 1980s - this then surfaced again on Bravo in the early days of satellite. Still waiting for Temptation harbour I think.

Mike (MrT)

Nooooooooo!

I have seen lots of stills from the film and I am certain I have seen it, maybe I was much younger than I thought!

A lost film... which has to surface at some point... I hope!

Liked
    0 times
    Am looking for a copy of the above - directed by Lance Comfort, starring Robert Newton, Simone Simon.

Thanks

Liked
    0 times
    In the NFT brochure for July/April this film is listed as being shown.Cant remember the date.The Bfi website will give this info.So if you are in or near London you will be able to see it.I have seen it before.I dont know whether it was at the NFT or whether it was part of an NFA season on BBC about 15 years ago.If it was i did not keep the film.

Senior Member Country: England Harbottle's Avatar
    Liked
    92 times
    Temptation Harbour (1947) Looking for this Robert Newton film if anyone has a decent copy and would like a swap, please send me a PM. Lots to trade. Many thanks

Senior Member Country: Scotland julian_craster's Avatar
    Liked
    103 times
    If the NFT recently screened a new restored print, perhaps a legit DVD release is forthcoming ?

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times
    The print shown at the NFT last week wasn't that brilliant alas - at least the picture quality was perfectly fine but there was a soundtrack buzz on lots of scenes which they actually apologised about. So still a bit of work would be needed before it could be released on dvd. It's a great film though.

Liked
    22 times
    Improving the soundtrack (removal of buzzing etc) shouldn't be that difficult in this digital day and age. Any sound restoration software could probably do the trick quite easily. Picture restoration would be more difficult - because each frame might need individual restoration.

Mike (MrT)

Liked
    7 times
    Could be that the soundtrack buzz was just a misalignment of the track putting it too near the perfs.

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times
    For anyone who didn't make it to the NFT showing, you can see the remake instead

The Man from London