Thread: Boon locations

Liked
    0 times
    Hello,I wonder if anyone can help me with finding a location that has bugged me for ages.In series 4 of the Central ITV programme 'Boon' all of the filming was done on location in and around Nottingham.There is one location that I just cannot find .I am trying to find the large country house that was used as the fictitious hotel known as 'Woodcote Park'.It was a fairly large,two storey house built of stone and brick and set in extensive grounds and near to woodland.On watching scenes filmed there you can sometimes hear quite loud traffic noise ,like a dual carriageway or perhaps a motorway.I have been told it is between Nottingham and Derby but I cannot find any house remotely like it.

Thanks,Avocet.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    7 times
    Throughout Series 4 of Boon (with Michael Elphick) a country house was used as "Woodcote Park". In an interview, Michael Elphick said later that he thought it might have been near Spondon. Certainly it would have been somewhere in the Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire/Leicestershire area, since that is where the rest of the programme was filmed.

Does anyone who where Woodcote Park was? I'll submit some screengrabs in a followup posting.

Liked
    7 times
    Here are screengrabs of the outside and inside - I presume they are all in the same location.

Super Moderator Country: UK christoph404's Avatar
    Liked
    77 times
    Or they could be four different locations! 1. main exterior of house, 2. Interior swimming pool , 3. Interior with staircase 4. Overview of stables.

Liked
    7 times
    name='MartinU']Here are screengrabs of the outside and inside - I presume they are all in the same location.

Someone has just emailed me to tell me that Woodcote Park was Barnby Manor, Beckingham, Newark, NG24 2SH - grid ref SK861542. Comparison between the photos and the aerial photos on Google Maps confirms that the stables and swimming pool are definitely that same, and the house itself is probably the same - if there was a side or oblique view of the house, that would clinch it.

Liked
    7 times
    Someone has just emailed me to tell me that Woodcote Park was Barnby Manor, Beckingham, Newark, NG24 2SH - grid ref SK861542. Comparison between the photos and the aerial photos on Google Maps confirms that the stables and swimming pool are definitely that same, and the house itself is probably the same - if there was a side or oblique view of the house, that would clinch it.