Thread: The 45

Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    OK... Another short story. This one is called 'The forty-five' or 45 or something close. It has a guy waking up in a flat in Chelsea and he doesn't know where he is. He goes right to the toilet and throws-up. It's not such a great piece but it has a couple of wild scenes like he opens a window and he can hear the fans at a game chanting for Chelsea. Then he goes into a room in the house and there's an older guy in bed with 2 girls and I think he's sitting there smoking a cigar and there is Indian music playing in the background. I would say this was made in 1968 at a guess. That's about it. Anyone ever seen this or know if it's available? Many thanks in advance.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    This sounds like Twenty-Nine, a short film directed by Brian Cummins which was released in 1969.

The cast - possibly incomplete: Alexis Kanner, Susan Hunt, Robert Lang, Justine Lord, Peter Sanders, Yootha Joyce, Sean Lynch, Gladys Dawson, Gillie Norton and Leslie Adams.

Went round the ITV regions as a late-night filler in the late 1970s. I really liked it and would love to see it again.

Liked
    0 times
    I do believe you have it Simon! Where on earth did you get the information on it? Many thanks for the title correction and the info.

Liked
    0 times
    It was just a film I really liked and had sought out info on before. Helped by the fact that I could remember the day on which I originally saw it was the same as my next door neighbour's birthday - just wasn't sure exactly which year. So that narrowed it down to about three dates and I soon found it in the TV Times.

I just wish it would turn up on TV again - I reckon it'll soon be 30 years since it was last on.

There are a few references to it on the web but not, strangely, in IMDB. Perhaps I should correct that.

Liked
    0 times
    Nice job on this also. I saw it around 1973 and never saw it again. It was an interesting piece. Very atmospheric. If you do come acoss it let me know. I'll do the same. Thanks again for all your help

Liked
    0 times
    Anyone heard of this since? Any updates? Anyone have a copy? Anyone?

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    23 times
    IMDB -to guarantee its reputation- correctly states that this short film's original theatrical release was as support to "If" on its General Release in 1969. I can narrow this down a bit to an exact date: 9 March 1969 ABC Circuit, if this enables readers to catch up on any possible mention in their areas.

Liked
    0 times
    Yes Rick. It was also aired on TV in the early 70's a couple of times. I was just wondering if anyone has a recording of it of any kind....

Liked
    4 times
    It was recently shown, alongside two other titles, at the NFT as part of BFI Flipside's 'Short Sharp Shocks' evening. Sadly, because I now live 40 miles outside the capital, and work evenings, I didn't go!!!

Liked
    0 times
    So... it does still exist. Thanks Jack. I thought was gone forever. Glad to know it's still around. Too bad you couldn't make the screening. Sounds like it was a good evening of entertainment.