Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Cliff Richard

Senior Member Country: Jordan
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenburnfan View Post
    I read in one of the papers that one of Sir Cliff's accusers is actually in prison serving a sentence for rape and is apparently just after compensation. Jonathan King has said that when he was in prison, he met inmates who used to scour the papers for reports of vicars convicted of sexually molesting children and then claim to have been one of the vicar's victims in an attempt to claim a lot of compensation. When King told him that was a very unfair thing to do to someone that the inmate had never met, he was told that it was okay, as the vicar was already in jail, so one more charge would make no difference (!!!).
    So a more cynical soul than I would suggest that he would say that wouldn't he.

I hold to the belief that everyone is innocent until proved guilty and no one should be subjected to trial by media. The issue here isn't whether he is guilty of not, the presumption is not guilty and if the police have reason to believe otherwise they must proceed with an investigation. This only becomes a serious issue because of the investigation being leaked to the media and the subsequent frenzy to get coverage; the later is certainly the police's fault and someone should be sacked for that, the latter we have discussed already, is the a consequence of the society we live in.

As far as I can see Sir Cliff has the opportunity to demand compension from the police if he can establish wrongdoing and he would deserve something, again not for the investigation but for the leaking of said investigation. I haven't read any of the coverage but I suspect it all stayed on the right side of legal, and that's the tradegy of this whole affair.

Senior Member Country: England darrenburnfan's Avatar
    Liked
    98 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyStranger View Post
    Diabolical.

Of course, one of his earliest pictures, touches on the matter:

Yes, if you're that type of person, it's easy to accuse someone of something they haven't done. I've never been that kind of person, but there are some right bastards out there who are and would do it for the compensation.

Liked
    98 times
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hamilton View Post
    So a more cynical soul than I would suggest that he would say that wouldn't he.

I hold to the belief that everyone is innocent until proved guilty and no one should be subjected to trial by media. The issue here isn't whether he is guilty of not, the presumption is not guilty and if the police have reason to believe otherwise they must proceed with an investigation. This only becomes a serious issue because of the investigation being leaked to the media and the subsequent frenzy to get coverage; the later is certainly the police's fault and someone should be sacked for that, the latter we have discussed already, is the a consequence of the society we live in.

As far as I can see Sir Cliff has the opportunity to demand compension from the police if he can establish wrongdoing and he would deserve something, again not for the investigation but for the leaking of said investigation. I haven't read any of the coverage but I suspect it all stayed on the right side of legal, and that's the tradegy of this whole affair.
    Well, I hope he can sue for defamation of character at least. His name shouldn't have been mentioned until and unless he was charged and appeared in court.

Senior Member Country: Jordan
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenburnfan View Post
    Yes, if you're that type of person, it's easy to accuse someone of something they haven't done. I've never been that kind of person, but there are some right bastards out there who are and would do it for the compensation.
    And it neatly meshes the two most recent themes of this thread since as well as a bit of warbling it also contains an early dramatic performance and, I the interests of saying something related to cinema. I have to say he is pretty awful in it.

Liked
    98 times
    Yes, that poster for Serious Charge can't be the original British one, as it says starring Cliff Richard and introducing Andrew Ray, when they should be the other way around.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    23 times
    In addition to Cornershop's Alamy still a couple of years ago from the filming of Summer Holiday at Aldenham here's footage of Cliff at the Chiswick bus training centre.

http://www.britishpathe.com/video/cl...query/chiswick

not quite stills from the finished production, but certainly behind-the-scenes of it by going to the bottom of that mini-video page.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112