Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked
    0 times
    does any one know how much an episode it cost to make . and how many where made. thanks

Senior Member Country: Lithuania Cooper S's Avatar
    Liked
    4 times
    26 episodes of UFO were produced - 17 at MGM Borehamwood studios, the remaining 9 at Pinewood. The cost at the time was probably in the region of �50,000 per episode. The Prisoner, made a couple of years earlier reportedly cost about �75,000, which was high for the time, Thunderbirds cost about �40,000 per episode.

Liked
    0 times
    Good series :)

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Hey, Lord Brett ... Tell me if you can find these images will you - because I don't know what the hell I'm doing!

Picasa Web Albums - cornershop15

EDIT - Picasa Web Albums - cornershop15

Still not working properly. What to do?

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    1 times
    All I could see there was a huge number of screen grabs from Charlie Bubbles.

On the subject of UFO's budget, I do have the figures at home, which I found while researching an article I'm doing about Space: 1999. I'll dig the figures out and post them.

Liked
    177 times
    name='Lord Brett']All I could see there was a huge number of screen grabs from Charlie Bubbles.

Please stay tuned, Lord Brett. I'm nearly there - I'm sure I am!

EDIT -Opening Titles for U. F. O. (I hope)

Oh dear. I've just watched that (laborious!) slideshow and there's clearly more editing to be done. Some of those shots are in the wrong order as well. I'll sort it out eventually - I know I will!

Liked
    177 times
    Nearly finished editing that selection I've been working on, Lord Brett. I just need to know two things:

Firstly, is it Ayesha Brough, which I've always thought, or Ayshea, as credited at IMDb? And is this Antonia Ellis?:

If you could also tell me who the man and woman in the string vests are that would be brilliiant!

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times

Liked
    1 times
    I've only seen it spelled Ayshea, though I've always pronounced it Ayeesha. The picture is Antonia Ellis - I'd have to see a still to give you the names of the Skydiver string vest wearers (still nothing coming through on your link), though the only female member of the original Skydiver crew (as featured on the opening credits) was Georgina Moon.

If you post the still here I'll be able to give you the man's name as well.

Liked
    177 times
    Great! Thanks. Yet her name keeps coming up as Ayesha in all the Google links

I should have thought of Wearysloth's website (), but I guessed correctly anyway. Thanks again.

With The Sloth's help, I have now identified the 'Man in the String Vest' as Gary Myers.

EDIT - No, that was another one. Bear with me ...

Liked
    177 times
    Sorry, Lord Brett, I thought you'd logged off. I was responding to the previous message by Batman.

Well I'm satisfied that the actress is Georgina Moon but I'm sure the actor isn't Gary Myers:

Liked
    1 times
    It's the late Jon Kelley.

Liked
    177 times
    name='Lord Brett']It's the late Jon Kelley.
    I believe you! This is from Wearysloth's site as well:

It looks like Georgina's in this image too

I think that's all the mystery actors Identified!

(to borrow the title of the first episode)

Thank you ... He's logged off again (groan)!

Liked
    1 times
    If you want to send me your findings for confirmation I'm happy to help - I've just finished a three part guide to every actor who appeared as a member of SHADO personnel, so I'm pretty good on the subject right now.

Liked
    177 times
    I've just gone through the finished version and there is one more actually. It's the pilot who appears right at the end of the titles, just before the big explosion. Any idea who he is?

Liked
    1 times
    His name is Michael Mundell. He gets killed in episode two, Computer Affair, but still manages to turn up in every episode thanks to the opening credits

Liked
    177 times
    name='Lord Brett']His name is Michael Mundell. He gets killed in episode two, Computer Affair, but still manages to turn up in every episode thanks to the opening credits

I thought so when I saw Weary's picture:

You're ruling out Mark Hawkins then?

I've established the man on the left is Gary Myers but was going to mark the other one as 'Unknown'

... until I found this picture of Jeremy Wilkin!

Talk about confirmation! That really is everyone now.

Liked
    1 times
    Definitely Michael Mundell - Mark Hawkins doesn't turn up till slightly later on in the series, well after the opening credits were edited, and the two actors are quite different looking.

Liked
    177 times
    name='Lord Brett']Definitely Michael Mundell - Mark Hawkins doesn't turn up till slightly later on in the series, well after the opening credits were edited, and the two actors are quite different looking.

Okay, thanks. So you have Computer Affair as Episode 2? That's where it appears in the (Region 1) boxset, but I've been following the IMDB chronology, which is at least in order of the original transmission dates? Or are you going by what is known as the 'production order'? I think this is the reason why A Disturbing Case, probably everybody's favourite episode of Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased), is much later in it's DVD set. I watched it again last night in it's original place - again as Episode 2.

Anyway, I've finally uploaded the web album of the UFO Opening Titles and hope you're able to view it without any difficulty. This is drastically reduced from the first version so there's been a hell of a lot of editing (or decision-making), albeit with several repitions of the title, SHADO and 1980, which I've retained as it's in the spirit of the frantically-paced sequence. Probably not at it's best as a slideshow but I hope you'll find some striking images that you've never noticed before.

UFO - Opening Titles

Please let me know how I can improve this. Do you think it needs even more editing?

Liked
    177 times
    Wanda Ventham and Ed Bishop are easy enough to identify but who is the mystery redhead?:

Could it be an uncredited Penny Spencer?

I hope that slideshow wasn't too painful, Lord Brett!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast