Liked
    0 times
    Did anyone see the article in the Daily Mail yesrerday abou the current variety tour featuring old hands such as Frank Carson, Paul Daniels, The Krankies and jimmy Cricket . and Cannon and Ball.

They were interivewed backstage at one of my favourite theatres the Pavilion in Bournemouth.

Apart from Frank Carson the others have never tickled my personal funnybone but good luck to them for doing this tour. I must say they all look mildly scary these days especially The Kranikies. But as I say good luck to them you have to take your hat off to these veterans for being around for as long as they have.

Hopefully variety is on the verge of a comeback, according to the Stage there is going to be some variety specials on terestial tv shortly, I havent got the details to hand but this show is gong to feature a mix of new acts and some variety veterans.

I will look out for this programme with interest.

Liked
    0 times
    Incredibly Frank Carson is 83.

Senior Member Country: UK EHV_Emmetts's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    A few years ago on the radio I heard Cannon & Ball give an interview in which they said they'd be making a comeback tour. So this might be it?

Member Country: Wales
    Liked
    0 times
    Having seen Frank Carson perform live several times recently, I would say that when he's on form, he is still one of the very best.

I was very angry about the way he was treated when he appeared on the One Show on BBC 1 earlier this Summer. That smug untalented brummie idiot treated him with real disdain.

Liked
    0 times
    name='cymro glan']Having seen Frank Carson perform live several times recently, I would say that when he's on form, he is still one of the very best.

I was very angry about the way he was treated when he appeared on the One Show on BBC 1 earlier this Summer. That smug untalented brummie idiot treated him with real disdain.

Only saw Frank Carson once at one of the theatre in Blackpool in 1997, he was topping the bill in a show which also featured The Grumbleweeds, unfortunately there was too much of them and not enough of Frank.

I have never minded those showband type comedy groups who do impersonations, but The Grumbleweeds were never my favourites in this genre, always preferred The Rocking Berries.

They were probably all much of amuchness but there was certain charm about the repotoire of such bands doing impresonations of stars of the day like Steptoe and Son and Tom Jones.

I have seen the excellent That'll Be The Day Show there one of the main guys in that looked as if he had some experience of being a member of that type of group.