Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    69 times
    Got myself a Wisdom electric (rechargable) toothbrush from Tesco's �5.97. What a job I had getting the bloody packaging off.

Ta Ta

Marky B

Senior Member Country: UK Chevyman's Avatar
    Liked
    44 times
    Was it one of those awful blisterpacks?

Liked
    150 times
    name='Chevyman']Was it one of those awful blisterpacks?
    They're the ones where you get blisters from trying to open them, aren't they?!

DS x.

Senior Member Country: UK EHV_Emmetts's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    Get hold of a strong robust pair of scissors and cut around the object inside the packaging - mind your fingers though, and the edges of the plastic which have been cut can be very sharp.

Senior Member Country: England jaycad's Avatar
    Liked
    100 times
    i have driven myself into a blind rage many a time because of this type of packaging,another favourite is the microwave container which you 'piece film lid several times,heat,PEEL BACK FILM'-this is where the film doesn't budge,then splits when more pressure is applied,drowning your fingers in boiling sauce!!

Senior Member Country: England faginsgirl's Avatar
    Liked
    416 times
    Hi.

I`m the same when opening orange juice cartons, opening that plastic and then that foily thing underneath it just to pour it out.

xx

Senior Member Country: UK image45's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Its made to help reduce shop lifters de-packaging the products and removing the 'Tags to aid steeling the item. It also means the purchased item is a real challenge to open when you get home too!

Senior Member Country: UK image45's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    name='faginsgirl']Hi.

I`m the same when opening orange juice cartons, opening that plastic and then that foily thing underneath it off just to pour it out.

xx

I get my orange in bottles now rather than the cartons. They are the king of 'Sods' to open and manage

Liked
    1 times
    name='EHV_Emmetts']Get hold of a strong robust pair of scissors and cut around the object inside the packaging - mind your fingers though, and the edges of the plastic which have been cut can be very sharp.

And wear some goggles - seriously!

I was struck viciously in the forehead when cutting through the packaging of a beard trimming kit.

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    name='SirOllyBolly']And wear some goggles - seriously!

I was struck viciously in the forehead when cutting through the packaging of a beard trimming kit.

Senior Member Country: United States torinfan's Avatar
    Liked
    71 times
    name='SirOllyBolly']And wear some goggles - seriously!

Liked
    1 times
    Mentioning sharp edges reminds me of the tin-opener that, after it has opened the top of the tin, is supposed to leave the lid without any sharp edges. I say 'supposed to' because I did buy one of these wretched contraptions and every tin lid that was removed had sharp edges.

Senior Member Country: England jaycad's Avatar
    Liked
    100 times
    also,those old spam and corned beef tins with the key twisty thing-i have a deep scar on my index finger due to this barbarous torture device!

Senior Member Country: England faginsgirl's Avatar
    Liked
    416 times
    name='jaycad']also,those old spam and corned beef tins with the key twisty thing-i have a deep scar on my index finger due to this barbarous torture device!

My nanna always used to buy those sort of tins. They always seemed like a clart on to me, but I think probably after using them for 50 years she she became a dap hand at opening them and was pretty quick at it too.

I always watched her open the corned beef with admiration as I knew that if there was a world war 111 in my lifetime I would starve to death in my bunker if that was all I had to survive on, `cos I would NEVER master the act of opening those blasted tins if thats all that was left!

xx

Liked
    0 times
    I hate opening CD'S with celpophane packaging, I am there for ages tryings to open them before I eventually have to get a scissors.

Those pots of jam, you get in hotels are also a bit of a beggar.

Screw top wine bottles I also get trouble with.

Jars of mint sauce also.

Liked
    1 times
    name='bhowells']I hate opening CD'S with celpophane packaging, I am there for ages tryings to open them before I eventually have to get a scissors.

There is a knack to opening those. You'll find at each corner there is a tiny flap and if you have a small bladed pen knife to hand you can carefully cut these flaps off. Mind you, it is a little bit tricky - but practice makes perfect.

Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    My bete noir are DVDs that have those sticky sealer thingies around the edges. You have to get through the perishin' cellophane first - then do battle with the sealer thingies which either don't come away all at once - so you have to pick bits off - and in the end usually damage the actual cover of the DVD. GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

Liked
    69 times
    name='jaycad']also,those old spam and corned beef tins with the key twisty thing-i have a deep scar on my index finger due to this barbarous torture device!

Those things should be outlawed!

Ta Ta

Marky B

Liked
    44 times
    name='Marky B']Those things should be outlawed!

Ta Ta

Marky B

I'm sure there must be a very good reason, but I've never understood why corned beef can't be supplied in conventional circular tins

The current tins are bordering on being deadly weapons

Liked
    44 times
    From The Guardian "Nooks & Crannies" library....................

THEY CONTINUE to be made in their traditional tapered rectangular shape because it is easier to extract the contents in one piece, thus allowing the block of corned beef to be sliced. That's also why the cans also employ a key that enables the user separate one end of the body of the can: there's no seam to prevent the contents slipping out. Originally, the cans were made by folding up folding tinplate sheet that produced the correct taper and soldering the seam. More recently this has been replaced with cans that are formed from welded cylinders, then reformed and expanded mechanically.

John Nutting, Editor, The Canmaker magazine, Crawley, West Sussex.

Editor of The Canmaker Magazine

Some folk get really interesting jobs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast