Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Shown around Christmas time about 3 years ago, I saw a programme on (I think) Channel 4 which was in effect an opera featuring children singing to each other but the 'lyrics' consisted of normal speech. In other words, it was a drama (subject I can't remember) but everything was sung, to full musical backing. It was filmed on normal sets, locations etc., not staged.

I started off thinking it was terrible and not something I would normally watch, but I got caught up in the bravery of it all and how it was quite an achievement.

BUT - I can't remember the title.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    name='musicdavid']Shown around Christmas time about 3 years ago, I saw a programme on (I think) Channel 4 which was in effect an opera featuring children singing to each other but the 'lyrics' consisted of normal speech. In other words, it was a drama (subject I can't remember) but everything was sung, to full musical backing. It was filmed on normal sets, locations etc., not staged.

I started off thinking it was terrible and not something I would normally watch, but I got caught up in the bravery of it all and how it was quite an achievement.

BUT - I can't remember the title.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Still trying to discover the title of this programme. Might have to search through old tv listings at the library!