Liked
    0 times
    Attention!!!.....I'm looking for a copy of a documentary programme called 'The Real Bravo Two Zero' by Michael Asher which was shown on Channel 4 a few years ago. Its an expose of the ill fated Bravo Two Zero mission of Gulf War 1.

If anyone can help with this then I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Darren

Senior Member Country: UK homeguard's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Can't help with the film, but you may be interested in the book by Mike Coburn, called 'Soldier Five' ISBN 1 84018 866 9. It gives a similar account of the operation as the film, showing-up the nonsense that Andie Mitchell (whoops) McNab marketed.

Good luck,

HG

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    It's amazing how they're all making money and gaining fame (especially McNab) from a mission that was essentially a cock-up from start to finish. It always amuses me when McNab is wheeled out as an "expert" in special operations. It's like using a bankrupt as an expert on finance

Steve

Senior Member Country: UK homeguard's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    name='Steve Crook']It's amazing how they're all making money and gaining fame (especially McNab) from a mission that was essentially a cock-up from start to finish. It always amuses me when McNab is wheeled out as an "expert" in special operations. It's like using a bankrupt as an expert on finance

Steve

When you put your men in jeopardy like he did, you know you're finished in the Regiment. What to do? Write a load of nonsense and give up the Regimental black-tie dinners for ever. Then sit back and watch the money roll in. As well as being a successful author, he earns a fortune advising on security. Some bankrupt! But don't tell him where you live! You know what little blokes are like. He'd either or you to death.

HG