Senior Member Country: UK rose ellen's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    I am trying to find the title of a film which was on tv regularly in the seventies.It was a bit like Lost Horizon.Some people ended up in a civilization where nobody got any older and a man fell in love with a girl and took her away with him.I remember them walking down a mountain in the snow and she got older.I think it was British.The girl had long hair like Jane Seymour.It might have been set in the Himalayas.

Senior Member Country: Scotland narabdela's Avatar
    Liked
    20 times
    name='rose ellen']I am trying to find the title of a film which was on tv regularly in the seventies.It was a bit like Lost Horizon.Some people ended up in a civilization where nobody got any older and a man fell in love with a girl and took her away with him.I remember them walking down a mountain in the snow and she got older.I think it was British.The girl had long hair like Jane Seymour.It might have been set in the Himalayas.

It sounds exactly like "Lost Horizon".

Liked
    1 times
    In Lost Horizon the girl goes with them because she wants to leave.In this I think it was only a man and a girl who left.They had fallen in love. Lost Horizon had somebody carrying the girl down the mountain.This one had them walking and she said she was getting tired and wanted to rest and when he looked round her face was very old.The girl in Lost Horizon had dark hair which wasn`t very long.I am sure the girl in the one I mean had very long blonde hair which turned grey as they got further away.Also I think this one is British as Iseem to remember British accents.I thought Peter Cushing may have been in it but I looked him up on IMD and it doesn`t seem to be him.

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    i remember this film as well.

it was almost similar to the land that time forgot.

i think the bloke at the end brings this woman out of this place but she is a lot older than she thinks.

as she leaves the place she suddenly becomes her actual age and dies.

trouble is i can't remember the name either but i do remember seeing it many years ago.

and it was'nt lost horizon.

Senior Member Country: Aaland dremble wedge's Avatar
    Liked
    85 times
    Sounds like Hammer's She where Ursula Andress ages.

Liked
    1 times
    No it`s not She I have that on dvd.Sheriff-Bart is right it is similar to the land that time forgot.I am glad somebody else remembers it.

Liked
    0 times
    Probably not what you want to hear but - the musical remake of LOST HORIZON with Peter Finch was shown twice in 1978 and once again in 1979. The plot is the same as the original. The girl who aged was Olivia Hussey and you can see some pictures of her at http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...&ct=image&cd=1

Was the film you saw in colour? Anything else you remember?

Liked
    0 times
    That would be my guess.

The musical re-make of Lost Horizon is odd in that it's a straight drama until they reach Shangri La, upon which it becomes a musical.

Sally Kellerman tap dances down the steps of the library building.....as they say in the classics, Oy Vey!

Liked
    80 times
    The whole 1973 Lost Horizon film has been uploaded on Youtube. This clip shows the fate that befalls the dark-haired Olivia Hussey in the snow. But it also features Liv Ullmann with flowing fair hair. I wonder if this is what rose ellen is thinking of?

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yWOwx5J7NHU]YouTube - LOST HORIZION (1973) Part 14[/ame]

Euryale.

Liked
    1 times
    I did consider that it might be the remake of Lost Horizon before I put the thread up but didn`t remember it being a musical.After seeing the clips from youtube which Euryale kindly supplied I think it must be that.I am not sure of a few things but the scenery looks familiar and I saw it on tv around 1978-1979 it must be the same film.Thank you very much to everybody who took the time to help.

Thanks for the pictures Mr Cosmo.I liked Leonard Whiting a lot at that time so it was a bonus.

Liked
    1 times
    I managed to get a copy of Lost Horizon 1973 and although I don`t remember the music I think this is the film I was looking for.Thank you all for your help.