Liked
    0 times
    A woman rows a boat on an estuary during her holiday, and when the tide is low a sandbank is revealed, where a spitfire crashed during the war, and the ghostly airman appears staring at the woman as if asking for help.

Circa late-1980's, possibly an ITV/Granada drama.

Ring any bells?

Liked
    80 times
    name='nandywell']A woman rows a boat on an estuary during her holiday, and when the tide is low a sandbank is revealed, where a spitfire crashed during the war, and the ghostly airman appears staring at the woman as if asking for help.

Circa late-1980's, possibly an ITV/Granada drama.

Ring any bells?

Yes, but I can't remember the title. However, it starred Anouska Hempel and Simon MacCorkindale, and I think that they were more or less the only two people in it. I think it dates from the mid to late 1970s, myself, and was maybe only half an hour long.

Euryale.

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    name='Euryale']Yes, but I can't remember the title. However, it starred Anouska Hempel and Simon MacCorkindale, and I think that they were more or less the only two people in it. I think it dates from the mid to late 1970s, myself, and was maybe only half an hour long.

Euryale.

This rings a bell with me too, but IMDb doesn't list those two as being in anything together and nothing on either of their CVs looks like it could be the one.

Liked
    80 times
    name='batman']This rings a bell with me too, but IMDb doesn't list those two as being in anything together and nothing on either of their CVs looks like it could be the one.

Yes, I checked the IMDB, too, and was surprized not to see it there. However, it definitely was those two in it. It was shown latish one evening on ITV. I remember her in the rowing boat - I think it was late at night and the weather misty. She ends up on a rocky island or coastline, and finds this injured airman - a ghost from the Second World War, I think. I'm sure it was just before Simon MacCorkindale made Death on the Nile.

What makes me remember it especially is my mother saying that Miss Hempel's

acting was rather wooden in it. I always quite liked her, myself!

Euryale.

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times
    Time and Again. 1st September 1976. ITV Shot in the Scillies. Anouska Hempel plays a young woman who goes over to an island and gets marooned overnight. By Gordon Honeycombe.

Some information here

Liked
    80 times
    name='CaptainWaggett']Time and Again. 1st September 1976. ITV Shot in the Scillies. Anouska Hempel plays a young woman who goes over to an island and gets marooned overnight. By Gordon Honeycombe.

Some information here

Thanks for that, it says:

'This was followed in 1974 by his second TV play, Time and Again, which was produced by Westward Television on location in the Scilly Isles, with Anouska Hempel, Bryan Marshall and Simon MacCorkindale, and was transmitted on ITV in November 1975. It was awarded the Silver Medal at the Film and TV Festival, New York 1975, and was repeated on ITV in 1977.'

I knew my memory wasn't playing tricks!

Euryale.

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times
    name='Euryale']Thanks for that, it says:

'This was followed in 1974 by his second TV play, Time and Again, which was produced by Westward Television on location in the Scilly Isles, with Anouska Hempel, Bryan Marshall and Simon MacCorkindale, and was transmitted on ITV in November 1975. It was awarded the Silver Medal at the Film and TV Festival, New York 1975, and was repeated on ITV in 1977.'

I knew my memory wasn't playing tricks!

Euryale.

Your memory isn't playing any tricks though the author of the GH website isn't entirely accurate - it's definitely in the listings for 1/9/76 though maybe it was cancelled and broadcast later. It seems to still exist - I found a reference to it being shown at a Kaleidoscope event a couple of years ago.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    4 times
    What is it with Honeycombe and his obsession with ladies marooned on beaches and islands?