Senior Member Country: UK Sleepin_Dragon's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Upon recommendation i am trying to hunt for these 2 comedy dramas, pm me please if you have them :-)

Liked
    0 times
    an original pre cert vhs copy of mr axelford is currently for sale on ebay, hope this helps

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    I had a VHS to DVD transfer of Axelford's, and gave it away a couple of years ago. Wish I hadn't!

Liked
    0 times
    the one i'm selling on ebay also include Charley's Aunt featuring Erc Sykes, anyone know anything about it because I couildn't find it listed on his IMDB resume

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    ITV Playhouse - Mr. Axelford's Angel (1974), which is the only programme I can ever remember watching with my mother - Watch With Mother, if you like - starred Michael Bryant and the wonderful, sadly-forgotten Julia Foster (more recently seen in the Michael Winner ad where he said "Calm down dear!" after her car was smashed into; also the mother of presenter Ben Fogle). She played his secretary. It's bitterly ironic that eight years earlier Julia played a similar role in another of those wiped TV plays that I've never had the chance to see: Seven Deadly Sins - A Temporary Typist (1966). As I've also just discovered she was in a lost episode of Public Eye, entitled Dig You Later, I shall now go for a stroll in the Welsh Harp (I can't swim by the way). Goodbye then!

That's what I feel like doing anyway when thinking about their fate. What were they thinking, getting rid of those shows?

More positevely, Mr. Axelford's Angel was repeated on Channel 4 about 15 years ago as part of an evening of Valentine's Day programmes - the only time this has happened on TV I think. I videoed a lot of things at the time but can't recall why I didn't do the same for this one. As my health prevents me from trading (housebound and unable to send parcels), I am willing to pay for a DVD-R or video of this as I can't imagine it being repeated or released. Name your price if you have this and, if affordable, I will be most grateful if I can buy a copy of this precious play, shown early in my life. Hope someone can reply with some good news.

Senior Member Country: Wales
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi,

I think several people have been trying to contact you but your PM box is full.

If you're still looking for a copy of a copy of Mr Axelford's Angel, I'll be quite happy to send you one.

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Thank you very much for your reply. I'll make some space after this message so I can give you my details. I just hope you accept postal orders!

Senior Member Country: Wales
    Liked
    0 times
    Sorry, Cornershop 15, I can't respond to your PS as your inbox is full.