Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Returning to this site once again to beseech your assistance in answering these questions that have been piling up in a forum elsewhere.

1) "Film made in England, I thought Susan Oliver was the Actress who starred in it.Synopsis:A woman is in a Bar. A group of guys at a table are having drinks. They seem to be there for a cricket tournament if I can remember. Something is said about this woman, and one guy nicknamed birdie bets the rest he can spend the night with this woman. Birdie never has done this before. Along with the english accents and all it was quite funny. I do remember a part where he is heading back home, (after they had argued during the evening/early morning) on a train and sees her face on a billboard which sends him back to her flat and he spends the night realizing he has fallen for her. Seemed like (1950's to 1960's Black and white)"

2) "I saw this film on British television somewhere between 1980 and no later than 1984, my Dad says we watched it in the afternoon so it may have been a kids film although I can't remember what time it was on. The film has stuck with me for 25 years and was just very sad, and all I have is some images and themes. I think the film was either in black and white or very muted colour, there was the ghost of a little girl (possibly with blonde ringlets, white dress), a mine shaft or a well, and someone was looking down the mine shaft/well for her bones (possibly so she could rest in peace). I think the mine shaft/well was very unstable and at risk of collapse, but there may have been clues to her being down there as they got further down the shaft. They do find her bones at the bottom of the shaft. I seem to recall something to do with a car. I've looked at 'Mystery Mansion' and 'The Glass Child' and I don't think it was either of these films."

3) "I saw this childern's series in the mid-90s on British TV on a Sunday morning, probably on BBC2. It was around the time of the children's arts & crafts show 'Bitsa' - as I remember it was on either before or after it. It was set in England. There is a boy and a girl, maybe a brother and sister. They have these small spherical crystals which they have had to collect. When they put them in a machine with a huge clock face, I think it enables them to time-travel or something. There is also a mysterious adult man who is involved with the machine, he may be helping them or he may be a baddie. The mood is quite dark and adventurous, with alleyways, shady characters, disused buildings/factories etc. It may have a been a 2/3 part series. The title may have had the word 'Time' in it but i'm not sure."

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Is the third one Timeslip?

GRAEME
    name='Dandelion']Is the third one Timeslip?

That doesn't sound anything like Timeslip. No crystals, no machine. They just crawl through an invisible barrier.

Liked
    80 times
    Number 1:

If the heroine appears on a billboard wouldn't that make her something like a model or an actress within the film? I thought of The System starring Oliver Reed where he falls in love with a fashion model played by Jane Merrow, but his nickname is Tinker in that. But I think he does go around with a bunch of young men who wear garb like blazers and ties that might denote belonging to some sort of sports club.

There are some clips from it on Youtube.

Euryale.

Senior Member Country: Scotland lostintown's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    The third one sounds a bit like "Into the labyrinth" although the timeframe is a little off.

Liked
    80 times
    Number 1 again:

I just thought - if you remember the name 'Oliver' from the film, maybe it was Mr. Reed rather than the actress Susan.

I'm not aware that Miss Oliver made any British movies - but she was another attractive actress who died way before her time.

Euryale.

Senior Member Country: Australia judylou's Avatar
    Liked
    8 times
    Second one sounds like Elly and Jules starring Rebecca Smart as the child ghost. Australian film.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    2 times
    No,1 sounds like Rattle of a Simple Man (1964) except it was soccer not cricket.

D.

Senior Member Country: Australia judylou's Avatar
    Liked
    8 times
    Actually make that Elly and JOOLS. Better to get the spelling right.

Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    name='dylan']No,1 sounds like Rattle of a Simple Man (1964) except it was soccer not cricket.

D.

This one sounds right to me!