Liked
    0 times
    Hello All, among others i`m trying to collect as much as i can of the works of Rachel Roberts,i know she died a terrible death by drinking a caustic substance believed to be bleach in the U.S. I tried on find a grave to find her final resting place this is what came up

committed suicide by swallowing poison. She was cremated at the Chapel of the Pines in Los Angeles

and the ashes were given to her friend, director Lindsay Anderson. In 1992 Anderson scattered

Roberts' ashes on the Thames River in London and filmed the ceremony as part of his autobiographical

documentary, "Is That All There Is?" Un-quote

On checking out Lindsay Anderson on Wikipedia for more information i find this

In 1992, as a close friend of actress Jill Bennett, Anderson included a touching episode in his

autobiographical BBC film Is That All There Is?, with a boat trip down the River Thames

(several of her professional colleagues and friends aboard) to scatter her ashes on the waters

while musician Alan Price sang the song "Is That All There Is?. Un-quote

The question is before i go searching for a copy of the documentry is does anyone know who`s ashes were scattered in the Thames Rachel`s or Jill`s or did he do both?

regards Dave

Liked
    4 times
    I have a feeling it was both. I have a book about him at home and can check it out this evening unless someone beats me to it.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    I saw this ceremony on TV. It might have been part of a South Bank show.

And it was both actresses whose ashes were scattered.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    4 times
    Is That All There Is? . . . is available on DVD as part of the two-disc edition of This Sporting Life, released by Criterion, R1 only. Plus many other superb extras.

Liked
    0 times
    name='Dave J.L']Hello All, among others i`m trying to collect as much as i can of the works of Rachel Roberts,i know she died a terrible death by drinking a caustic substance believed to be bleach in the U.S. I tried on find a grave to find her final resting place this is what came up

committed suicide by swallowing poison. She was cremated at the Chapel of the Pines in Los Angeles

and the ashes were given to her friend, director Lindsay Anderson. In 1992 Anderson scattered

Roberts' ashes on the Thames River in London and filmed the ceremony as part of his autobiographical

documentary, "Is That All There Is?" Un-quote

On checking out Lindsay Anderson on Wikipedia for more information i find this

In 1992, as a close friend of actress Jill Bennett, Anderson included a touching episode in his

autobiographical BBC film Is That All There Is?, with a boat trip down the River Thames

(several of her professional colleagues and friends aboard) to scatter her ashes on the waters

while musician Alan Price sang the song "Is That All There Is?. Un-quote

The question is before i go searching for a copy of the documentry is does anyone know who`s ashes were scattered in the Thames Rachel`s or Jill`s or did he do both?

regards Dave

Many thanks to the forum members who helped me out with this question.I have now a seen Is That All There Is, the ceremony is at the end and quite moving it was too,brought a bit of a lump in the throat although it was a very fitting end to see Rachel and Jill`s ashes scattered together to the wind and water as they shared so much the same in life both broken by the loss of the man they loved leading to depression and their eventual suicide,as they say gone but not forgotten RIP Rachel and Jill