Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Can anyone help me remember this programe. Would be most grateful if you can.

Drama shown on BBC or ITV in possibly the late 1980's. It was about a man who gets conned/duped by a women he possibly meets at work (I recall some scenes shown in an office). I remember one of the characters lived in a windmill (not JC!). She may have driven a red or yellow sports car or wore a red or yellow dress. She may have worked as a prostitute. He trusts everything she says because he is infatuated by her beauty etc.

I can't remember anything else about it. Sorry!

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Possibly "Life and loves of a she devil". Dennis Waterman gets comprehesively stitched up by a girl at work.

Not set in a windmill but an old lighthouse.

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    Jonathan Creek?

Liked
    0 times
    Definitely not either of Life and loves of a she devil or Jonathon Creek (we all know Jonathon Creek lives in a windmill. I was just waiting for someone to mention that series. Try again!!).

Liked
    255 times
    name='icestation2']Definitely not either of Life and loves of a she devil or Jonathon Creek (we all know Jonathon Creek lives in a windmill. I was just waiting for someone to mention that series. Try again!!).

Sorry .... I didn't know it was a test. If you knew it wasn't Jonathan Creek why not say so in the first place.

Senior Member Country: Canada
    Liked
    5 times
    name='batman']Sorry .... I didn't know it was a test. If you knew it wasn't Jonathan Creek why not say so in the first place.

(s)he did.

name='icestation2']I remember one of the characters lived in a windmill (not JC!).

Though not as clearly as (s)he could have.

Liked
    0 times
    name='batman']Sorry .... I didn't know it was a test. If you knew it wasn't Jonathan Creek why not say so in the first place.

Sorry!. In my initial post after I mentioned that a character lives in a windmill I put "Not JC!". I thought you might have twigged what I meant. I won't try to be so clever in future .

Liked
    255 times
    name='icestation2'] I won't try to be so clever in future .

Glad to hear it.

Liked
    6 times
    It's AN AFFAIR IN MIND (1988) with Stephen Dillane and Amanda Donoghue. The first tv drama I know where the plot hinged on the slowness of an SE Apple Mac . . .

Liked
    0 times
    name='sippog']It's AN AFFAIR IN MIND (1988) with Stephen Dillane and Amanda Donoghue. The first tv drama I know where the plot hinged on the slowness of an SE Apple Mac . . .

I'm thinking this sounds correct. I had no idea it featured one of my favourite actresses Amanda Donoghue. By the way, were all of the details I gave in my first post actually in the drama. After all the windmill/jonathon creek arguments in this thread I bet there is not a windmill in sight.

By chance is it available on DVD or VHS in the UK? I bet not!!!!

Liked
    6 times
    name='icestation2']I'm thinking this sounds correct. I had no idea it featured one of my favourite actresses Amanda Donoghue. By the way, were all of the details I gave in my first post actually in the drama. After all the windmill/jonathon creek arguments in this thread I bet there is not a windmill in sight.

By chance is it available on DVD or VHS in the UK? I bet not!!!!

Yes, the main character, a struggling writer, (improbably) rented a converted windmill in Kent and a spiffy sports car, driven by A.D, did feature. I chiefly remember the Mac which, in those days, cost upwards of two grand. I did my writing on an Amstrad PCW but aspired to a Mac and bought one the minute the first budget model became available. I also remember the sex scenes with I've-got-a-great-body-and-don't-mind-showing-it Donoghue - quite racy for those days !

Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Mr Majeika?! Didn't he live in a windmill!!

(joke)

Member Country: Austria
    Liked
    0 times
    Based on a Ruth Rendell novel called THE FACE OF TRESPASS

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Face-Trespass-Ruth-Rendell/dp/0099106507"]summary[/ame] at amazon.co.uk

the TV movie memorable for the old and slow Mac with the tiny screen with dot matrix like display. (Ask your parents)

Liked
    0 times
    name='viennese']Based on a Ruth Rendell novel called THE FACE OF TRESPASS

summary at amazon.co.uk

the TV movie memorable for the old and slow Mac with the tiny screen with dot matrix like display. (Ask your parents)

I was surprised to learn that this drama was written by Ruth Rendell. I must have been a fan of Ruth Rendell without knowing it. I also really enjoyed the drama No Night Is Too Long. I have to admit that The Ruth Rendell Mysteries bored me to tears though.