Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Winslet

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    Kate Winslet interviewed on Front Row on BBC Radio 4. Saying how she and Sam Mendes always fly on separate planes so that one of them will survive to look after the kids.

What if the two planes hit each other?

Steve

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    1 times
    Kate Winslet

Liked
    0 times
    According to his autobiography Christopher Lee and his wife used to do this when their daughter was a child.

Senior Member Country: England smiffy's Avatar
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Crook
    Kate Winslet interviewed on Front Row on BBC Radio 4. Saying how she and Sam Mendes always fly on separate planes so that one of them will survive to look after the kids.

What if the two planes hit each other?

Steve
    You're getting worse Mr Crook

By the way , are you the crooky that Is responsible for the regular poetic ditties on the Wogan show ?

Liked
    418 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smiffy
    By the way , are you the crooky that Is responsible for the regular poetic ditties on the Wogan show ?
    Not me. I've never listened to the show. I'm not sure my radios can receive radio 2, they're all fixed on radio 4

Steve

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smiffy
    You're getting worse Mr Crook

"Crooky of Old Bangor Town".

Have you noticed some of the regulars no longer write in? I miss the ditties of Katie Mallett...

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Mark O's Avatar
    Liked
    202 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cully
    "Crooky of Old Bangor Town".

Have you noticed some of the regulars no longer write in? I miss the ditties of Katie Mallett...
    So do I, she lives, or did live in the next Road to me here on Canvey Island, and had a weekly column for a local freebie Paper, may be she's just retired but I haven't seen her for ages

Back to our Katie, I've always loved her since 'Titanic', a lengthy film I'd happily sit through again and again, she's another Film due out soon whcih reunites her with Leo, and another Film called 'The Reader' where she's an ex-Concentration camp guard though Holocaust themed Movies aren't my cuppa tea, just seeing a clip of Sophies choice when she arrives at a camp upset me for days

Loved her in 'Enigma' too, having visited Bletchley Park recently it made me see the Movie in a more understanding light

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark O
    So do I, she lives, or did live in the next Road to me here on Canvey Island, and had a weekly column for a local freebie Paper, may be she's just retired but I haven't seen her for ages

Loved her in 'Enigma' too, having visited Bletchley Park recently it made me see the Movie in a more understanding light
    We know an old trout who worked at Bletchley Park during the war and she STILL won't talk about what went on there when she was little more than a girl....

Although she did have a good cackle when I mentioned Enigma and tried to ask her if it was at all authentic etc.....

Thought very highly of Alan Turing and would obviously like to talk about him if she didn't fear someone would turn up and arrest her....

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm a massive fan. Her best performance imo was as Clementine in "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind." Not only did she perfectly capture all the nuances of that strange and wonderful character but she did it with an American accent.

Liked
    202 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cully
    We know an old trout who worked at Bletchley Park during the war and she STILL won't talk about what went on there when she was little more than a girl....

Although she did have a good cackle when I mentioned Enigma and tried to ask her if it was at all authentic etc.....

Thought very highly of Alan Turing and would obviously like to talk about him if she didn't fear someone would turn up and arrest her....
    Nobdody would arrest her!........not now anyroad, Sis and I also think very highly of Alan, if it wasn't for his genius many of us wouldn't be here today I'm sure, there's a slate statue of him at Bletchley Park, and another in Manchester, though it would have been fitting for him to be at least mentioned in the Film 'Enigma'

Liked
    0 times
    Kate Winslet interviewed on Front Row on BBC Radio 4. Saying how she and Sam Mendes always fly on separate planes so that one of them will survive to look after the kids.Steve
    Oh Kate, Luv! Do you and Sam travel in separate cars all the time? Because you're much, much more likely to die in a car crash

Liked
    418 times
    ... though it would have been fitting for him to be at least mentioned in the Film 'Enigma'
    Why? It didn't bear much relation to reality in any other way

Steve

Liked
    418 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy
    Oh Kate, Luv! Do you and Sam travel in separate cars all the time? Because you're much, much more likely to die in a car crash
    I know, ridiculous isn't it. I was thinking of sending it in to Pseuds Corner in Private Eye

Steve

Liked
    202 times
    Why? It didn't bear much relation to reality in any other way

Steve
    Neither do most films Steve!......but Alan was a War Hero in his own way and the lynchpin of Bletchley Park, I just happen to think it would have been a tribute if his name was simply mentioned that's all, but it wasn't and that's the way it is!

Senior Member Country: Australia judylou's Avatar
    Liked
    8 times
    Sorry but I don't think Kate Winslet looks like Kate Winslet anymore.

Liked
    202 times
    An English Rose if ever there was one........

Liked
    0 times
    Not much sign of kindly Xmas spirit on this thread. Did contributors get out of the wrong side of bed.

Plenty of people suffer from variety of irrational fears. Flying is second nature to some, not to others.

Me, I am lucky, but I know a couple of very rough and tough mates who wouldn't dream of getting on a plane without being half cut.

Regards - Bernard

Senior Member Country: England faginsgirl's Avatar
    Liked
    416 times
    I`m not gonna be popular here but when I think ouf Kate Winslet I think Nepotism. Ive often heard her say she rang some famous director up at home asking for the leading role and low and behold she always bags it.

No point in any other actress going for an audition really!

xx

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    Quote Originally Posted by faginsgirl
    I`m not gonna be popular here but when I think ouf Kate Winslet I think Nepotism. Ive often heard her say she rang some famous director up at home asking for the leading role and low and behold she always bags it.

No point in any other actress going for an audition really!

xx
    Ditto Helena Bonham Carter, but that's been happening since the birth of theatre, let alone films. Also, most leading roles in films are never open to audition, the producers and directors know who they want well in advance. If I was making a film and Kate Winslet phoned up asking for a role, I certainly wouldn't bother auditioning anyone else. Think of the extra finance I could raise and all that free publicity.

Senior Member Country: England Owlett's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Nobdody would arrest her!........not now anyroad, Sis and I also think very highly of Alan, if it wasn't for his genius many of us wouldn't be here today I'm sure, there's a slate statue of him at Bletchley Park, and another in Manchester, though it would have been fitting for him to be at least mentioned in the Film 'Enigma'
    <Sigh> Turing Schmuring!

Maybe one day we'll get a film about the Enigma episode which is based on actual facts rather than revisionist nationalistic hubris. Very rarely is credit given to the Polish cryptologists who, above all, were pivotal in the cracking of the machine's codes.

Biuro Szyfr�w - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast