Liked
    0 times
    When I was much younger I saw a British film about a blind woman who heard, what tuned out to be a murder, in the flat above her and the only clue to the identity of the murderer was that they had a wooden leg which she heard moving around in the room above. The final scene was the blind woman inviting a man into her flat, offering to make him a cup of tea and discovering too late that she had invited the murder into her flat!! I recall it was a black and white film and that it was set in the 1940s, or possibly the 1950s. Can anyone please help me with the title of the film?

Liked
    0 times
    I vaguely remember a film where Mia Farrow portrayed a blind woman and I think her friend/relative was murdered whilst she was in attendence but it sounds like your film is a lot older than that era. Can you remember anything else about the film as it has a really familiar ring to it?

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    name='Joshua']When I was much younger I saw a British film about a blind woman who heard, what tuned out to be a murder, in the flat above her and the only clue to the identity of the murderer was that they had a wooden leg which she heard moving around in the room above. The final scene was the blind woman inviting a man into her flat, offering to make him a cup of tea and discovering too late that she had invited the murder into her flat!! I recall it was a black and white film and that it was set in the 1940s, or possibly the 1950s. Can anyone please help me with the title of the film?

Could be THE LODGER Laird Craiger

Liked
    137 times
    Did LC have a wooden leg in The Lodger ?

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    It's not The Lodger (which I saw recently). And not Blind Terror with Mia Farrow either (the unseen killer is identified by hios cowboy boots).

Liked
    0 times
    Early 80's; I saw a b/w film that ended with a blind (And possibly deaf, elderly woman) blasting away fairly indiscriminately with a revolver at an intruder. The woman had a dog, possibly an alsatian that was used as protection and this scene ends with a message taps out on her wrist to show her that the threat was over. Does this ring any bells?

Liked
    0 times
    Maybe Wait until Dark Audrey Hepburn 1967