Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked
    0 times
    I've been trying to find a classic sci-fi movie I saw as a kid on tv. I don't know much, just vague memories.

Color

1950-1960's

Space travelers on alien world

Opaque tubelike vines that cover the planet, the crew hacks with axes and the vines spew red/black jello-like goop.

Ring any bells with anyone? It's driving me crazy!!!

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Could be one of the two films Roger Corman created out of the Russian PLANETA BUR / PLANET OF STORMS: VOYAGE TO THE PREHISTORIC PLANET and VOYAGE TO THE PLANET OF THE PREHISTORIC WOMEN - I think the "vines" turn out to be the tentacles of a creature of some kind - or maybe THE ANGRY RED PLANET?

Senior Member Country: Canada
    Liked
    5 times
    Some time in the early 60s I saw a movie at the cinema called First Spaceship On Venus. It loks like there were several titles.

I remember there were vine like things just dangling.

Liked
    0 times
    name='BristolUK']Some time in the early 60s I saw a movie at the cinema called First Spaceship On Venus. It loks like there were several titles.

I remember there were vine like things just dangling.

Good film. I picked up both the US DVD of the cut and dubbed American release edit and the German DVD of the slightly longer original German language version...unfortunately, no subs on the latter.

Liked
    5 times
    name='asiamiles']...unfortunately, no subs on the latter.
    Did they have submarines on Venus then?

Kidding.

Liked
    0 times
    I looked at PLANET OF STORMS and FIRST SPACESHIP ON VENUS. Neither one is it. Huh, I wouldn't have thought this movie would be so hard to find. It's not on any of the movie lists that I have seen. I saw it as a kid on tv (living in upstate New York) probably in the early 70's. I'm assuming it was made in the 60's based on it's style.

Liked
    7 times
    Could it be a Star trek episode?

Liked
    0 times
    name='m35541']Could it be a Star trek episode?

No, I'm sure of it.

Member Country: Great Britain Gaumont's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Pretty certain that this is "The Green Slime"(1968). Astronauts unwittingly bring the titular glop back from an asteroid and infect their space station.

Liked
    0 times
    name='Gaumont']Pretty certain that this is "The Green Slime"(1968). Astronauts unwittingly bring the titular glop back from an asteroid and infect their space station.

Nope, thanks for trying but this is not the movie. There are no "vines" that I can see.

Senior Member Country: United States robotoid97's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Phocus;

It sounds like you grew up watching "creature features" and "chiller theater" Is it possibly "Journey to the Seventh Planet" as this is one of their films ...

Liked
    0 times
    name='robotoid97']Hi Phocus;

It sounds like you grew up watching "creature features" and "chiller theater" Is it possibly "Journey to the Seventh Planet" as this is one of their films ...

Hi. Yes, I did watch Chiller Theater and creature feature as a kid. Maybe it's one of those. I watched "Journey to the Seventh Planet" and that is not the film. Thanks for your try though.

Liked
    5 times
    When this was posted I was convinced it was First Spaceship on Venus because of the 'vines'.

I remain convinced of that. I could be wrong but did you see this site?

You wrote of a red/black jello. The review in the link mentions a black and red ooze.

Coincidence?

Liked
    0 times
    name='BristolUK']When this was posted I was convinced it was First Spaceship on Venus because of the 'vines'.

I remain convinced of that. I could be wrong but did you see this site?

You wrote of a red/black jello. The review in the link mentions a black and red ooze.

Coincidence?

Yeah, coincidence. I watched most of the film on Youtube and it itsn't the movie. It does have black goop though! Thanks for the try, I appreciate it.

Liked
    5 times
    name='Phocus'] I watched most of the film on Youtube and it itsn't the movie. It does have black goop though! Thanks for the try, I appreciate it.
    Wow...it's on youtube?

I remember FSOV because it was the first movie I ever saw at the cinema. I had looked for it before on IMDB but never found it...maybe when I looked before they didn't have it as one of the alternative titles.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Liked
    0 times
    Barry Sullivan 'Planet Of The Vampires'...I remember the blueness of it all, apart from the blood.......

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    Sorry- pretty trite suggestion, but The Day of the Triffids? I remember slurpy noises and gloop.

Liked
    0 times
    There was a series called 'Pathfinders to the Moon' followed by pathfinders to Mars then Venus

As I remember there was tentacles in one of them . It featured some adults and a teenage boy and girl but it was a long time ago so I may be wrong. It was about 1960 ish.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Mark O's Avatar
    Liked
    202 times
    One Sci-Fi Movie I cannot recall the title of is an 'End of the World' Movie from the 50's, some People are saved and fly off in a Rocket to a new Planet where they land, one scene I recall as the lucky ones board the Rocket is a very cantankerous Scientist who is pushed around in a Wheelchair by his Manservant whom he treats like dirt, the dialogue loosely from this scene is; Scientist "Help me out of this chair", Manservant "No......for years I have pushed you around in this Chair and I've hated you"!..........The Scientist then attempts to walk stiffly alone to the Rocket but misses it whilst the others escape.......any ideas?

Liked
    0 times
    name='Mark O']One Sci-Fi Movie I cannot recall the title of is an 'End of the World' Movie from the 50's, some People are saved and fly off in a Rocket to a new Planet where they land, one scene I recall as the lucky ones board the Rocket is a very cantankerous Scientist who is pushed around in a Wheelchair by his Manservant whom he treats like dirt, the dialogue loosely from this scene is; Scientist "Help me out of this chair", Manservant "No......for years I have pushed you around in this Chair and I've hated you"!..........The Scientist then attempts to walk stiffly alone to the Rocket but misses it whilst the others escape.......any ideas?

That would be "When worlds collide"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast