Liked
    0 times
    My first post here, and I fear it's a tough one given the little that I remember, but I'll try anyway. Also, I'm not a native speaker, please be kind with my errors.

Several years ago, German TV had a wonderful series on British movies. I think it was all a bit off the mainstream (and possibly never shown in movie theaters, just in TV) and the focus was on people at the border of society (perspectiveless, unemployed, criminal, etc...). What I remember that these films were all quite touching, despite being told in a rather laconic and unpathetic style.

The movie I am asking for here is about two young guys who were good friends and in constant trouble with the police. I am not sure if this was due to them being criminal - it may also be that it had to do with IRA (not sure though). I think one of the two dies in the end (after both are being chased by the police). I hope the little else that I remember will not need to be censored as it's probably the most recognizable thing... At several times in the film when something goes wrong, one of the guys just comments "f.ck" or "double-f.ck", and if I remember correctly, the moment before he is dying was just worth a "triple-f.ck" comment for him, which may even have been the final word spoken in the film. Sorry, I know that's really little useful information but that's all I remember. One more thing: I guess the movie was from the '80s or early '90s, but alas also not really sure about that.

Still, any ideas?

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    4 times
    It might be I Went Down although this was made in 1997 and I don't think either of the young men were killed at the end although someone else was.

Senior Member Country: UK frame69's Avatar
    Liked
    15 times
    some of what you describe point to "twin town"given the possible breakdown through translation of dialogue

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks, guys! I'm not sure if the film I meant had elements of a comedy in it - both of your suggestions seems to. I'll get back once I have looked more carefully at the two films you mentioned.

Senior Member Country: United States robotoid97's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    I think the movie you sre looking for is the Boondock Saints , it was made in Canada and the US in the late 90's , it used the doube f*ck many times and in fact uses the word f*ck and it's deriatives 246 times