Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    I can't add much more than what I've described in the title. This was something that really disturbed me when I was a child. The only image I have is of a disembodied young woman, whose face was entirely blue, talking from inside a glass bowl (a goldfish bowl maybe?). She could have had the rest of her body hidden by something, with the face protruding - a bit like those sauna boxes. As I said, this did upset me at the time (I was under 10) but it could well have been a wacky comedy horror film, possibly a TV movie. That's all I can tell you. Any ideas?

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Is this? The Frozen Dead (1966). Good old British sci-fi with Dana Andrews.

Liked
    177 times
    Gee whizz, Ican, that seems the obvious answer! I've just seen the ending of the film on YouTube and, you know, I'm actually not sure. Yet more frustration.

Two major differences (in my memory) from what I described in post #1: (1) I'm certain it was a made-for TV movie with an emphasis on black comedy more than the sombre tone of what I've just seen; and (2) I have a feeling it was American and made a few years later. I wish I could say "Yes" and marked this as 'Answered', but you could be right ... unless someone can give me something that matches my description better than you can. Unlikely, as there can't be many blue heads in films! I have to think about this ...

Liked
    177 times
    name='ican']Is this? The Frozen Dead (1966). Good old British sci-fi with Dana Andrews.

Well, I have thought about it ... and come to the conclusion that it can't be anything else. The Frozen Dead? The title was unfamiliar until you offered it as a suggestion. Dana Andrews? Very well-known to me now, with all the films I've seen since that frightening experience, but he wouldn't have caught my attention as a 9 or 10 year-old. Not even Edward Fox and Basil Henson made an impression. But it's the sad, depressing way the blue head speaks (on the YouTube clip I found) that convinces me you're right. I remember it now.

so it's a "YES!" to the Best Answer, probably the only time I'll use that option. My 35-year-old mystery is solved, hot on the heels of my U.F.O. query a few weeks ago, which Lord Brett solved. Interesting that two of the actors went on to play minor roles in the Prisoner soon afterwards - Oliver MacGreevy and the 'blue head' herself, Kathleen Breck (sister of Julia?).

Thanks a million, Ican! We now go from The Frozen Head to The Frozen THREAD as there's nothing more to add here.