Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    Does anyone have any episodes from this 1966-1967 ITV (ABC) series? I only have the one episode (Hosted by Tony Hancock, with Bob Monkhouse, The Rockin� Berries, Jeannie Carson and Freddie �Parrot Face� Davies), but It's great and I'd love to see more.

"The Blackpool Show" (1966) - Episodes cast

Thanks!

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi,

unfortunately, the episode you have is all that exists of the series, all the other programmes are believed to have been wiped. if i recall correctly, the film recording of the one you have was recovered from a private collection.

Sorry i haven't got better news.

Liked
    2 times
    It's a shame more editions of "The Blackpool Show" didn't survive because this one is in pretty good shape - it looks like a pre-broadcast version because the "End Of Part One / Part Two" caption overlays are missing but the curtains close for a break in the usual places and then you hear audience chatter and other voices before it pauses, and then the curtains open for "Part 2" or "Part 3". Tony Hancock makes a good host, and Bob Monkhouse is in top form. Great stuff!

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Is this the one where Tony Hancock does an 'impression' of George Arliss ("Here's one for the teenagers ...")? Was comedian Al Read in that programme as well?

Very sad there's hardly anything left of this programme. If anybody wants to know about the line-ups for these shows, I have many old TV Times from the period which can help me to help you, unless the information is available on the Internet of course.

Liked
    2 times
    The episode is on a rare "Tony Hancock On ITV" DVD I acquired last year. Here's the line-up:-

The Blackpool Show (ABC/ITV 1966) Hosted by Tony Hancock, with Bob Monkhouse, The Rockin� Berries, Freddie �Parrot Face� Davies, Jeannie Carson, etc. From 31st July 1966. No timecode.

The Tony Hancock Show (Associated-Rediffusion/ITV 1956) 'Jack Hylton Presents'. From 18th May 1956, with June Whitfield, Eric Sykes, Clive Dunn. No timecode.

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    There is information on the Internet and good old IMDB is there to help again, for all it's worth.

"The Blackpool Show" (1966)

If only ...

Liked
    0 times
    There is at least one surviving episode of the earlier ABC 'Blackpool Night Out'. This is hosted by Mike and Bernie Winters and the episode I have (which admittedly I haven't watched for ages) has Peter Adamson in the audience which if I recall ends with him fighting/wrestling with one of the presenters. Cilla headlines I think. I'd be interested if anyone has any others.