Thread: Tim Grundy

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Very sad. I found out that Tim Grundy died yesterday.

Two's Country on TLC in 95/96 was a favourite programme of mine.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Blimey, didn't know that. He can't have been very old.

Senior Member Country: UK EHV_Emmetts's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    Timothy Grundy (4 July, 1958 � 1 February, 2009) was an English television and radio presenter and son of infamous Sex Pistols interviewer, Bill Grundy. He was born in Manchester. Grundy was born to a Scottish mother and Bill Grundy in 1958.

In 1975, at the age of 17, Tim began work as a coffee boy at Piccadilly Radio in Manchester and over the next 14 years he rose to be the presenter of the "Breakfast Show" and became the station's Programme Controller. He was a fully qualified journalist, whose folksy relaxed style made him a popular television presenter, where he worked predominantly for Discovery Channel and other satellite broadcasting companies. His appearances were numerous, including from 1990: "Showbiz People", "People Today", "See You Sunday", "The Forum" and "Pebble Mill".

From 1995 onwards he appeared in several of the by now highly successful "Two's Country" series, including "Two's Country Cooking", "Two's Country Spain", "Two's Country Caribbean", "Two's Country Eastern Europe", "Two's Country Get Stuck In" and "Two's Country Ship to Shore", as well as "Travelling Light" (for Channel 4).

In 1999 he appeared in "Great Estates" , "Two's Country" which was renewed into 5 television series, "Ship to Shore", "Show People" and "Car Country" among others.

In 2000 he appeared in "The Villagers", "Cabin Fever", "Last in the League" and "A Room with a Clue". In October 2002, he launched local radio station Reading 107 as the breakfast show host.

Grundy had two children and was chairman of The Children's Adventure Farm Trust. He also worked for other charities, including the Boys and Girls Welfare Society, until his death on 1 February 2009.

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    That's really sad news. I know Tim was Bill Grundy's son and remember him presenting Old Grey Whistle Test compilations a few years ago. He was quite a likeable bloke. I'm sorry.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='Fletchy']Very sad. I found out that Tim Grundy died yesterday.

Two's Country on TLC in 95/96 was a favourite programme of mine.

I used to like Two's Country when it was first broadcast on ITV.

Sorry to hear about Tim. He always seemed to be a very nice bloke

Steve