Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Another 60s image in my mind, which I think was a TV programme pre 1970.

I think I had a Corgi Mini (or Mini Moke) with a rainbow striped roof, and two child figures boy and girl, white blonde. I believe the parents were pandas, and the children (who could have passed for Midwich Cuckoos) were living with them.

Or was it a comic story. Or did I hallucinate. But how to explain the toy car set. Tinker and Tucker stick in my mind, but that was a couple of glove puppets annoying Alan Taylor on HTV.

All help gratefully received.

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times
    Issi Noho had a magic panda but it was 1970s

Liked
    0 times
    Only thinking of it the other day. Monday lunchtimes ITV say 1973. But alas not the answer I seek. But Thank you.

Senior Member Country: Lithuania Cooper S's Avatar
    Liked
    4 times
    Seems to be my night for solving mysteries - the characters you're thinking of are from a comic called Candy, created by the Gerry Anderson Century 21 company. They were a set of life size mannequins - two kids called Candy and Andy, and two crossbreed panda/bears called Mr and Mrs. Bearanda - which featured in photo-comic strips in the comic. The characters lived in a toy shop IIRC and drove a striped mini, called - I think - Stripey the Magic Mini. The mini was released by Dinky toys with a set of the figures. I don't blame you for thinking it was an hallucination - the idea was completely weird !

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times
    name='Cooper S']Seems to be my night for solving mysteries - the characters you're thinking of are from a comic called Candy, created by the Gerry Anderson Century 21 company. They were a set of life size mannequins - two kids called Candy and Andy, and two crossbreed panda/bears called Mr and Mrs. Bearanda -

Like Carmen Bearanda?

Senior Member Country: Lithuania Cooper S's Avatar
    Liked
    4 times
    Probably a close relative !

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    I don't know anything about the characters mentioned here (the name Issi Noho rings a bell but not the pictures in Captain's link), but am glad you've rediscovered them again.

Can I ask longer-serving members here why the 'newbies' aren't allowed, if that's the word, to use the Best Answer function when their query is solved?

Liked
    0 times
    Just marked what I think the best answer is - it's too FAB to be anything else. I think I pulled Carmen the other night. Shudder.

Thanks to all the respondents.

TTFN

Liked
    0 times
    It was a Gerry Anderson pilot called Candy and Andy, the bears were pandas, called Mr & Mrs Bearanda and they drove a blue, green, yellow, red and white striped mini! I know this as my father bought the car for my mum when I was a little girl and I was bitterly disappointed that the mini didn't fly just as it did in the TV show and the annuals!!

Hope that helps you out!

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    1 times
    There was never actually a pilot show for Candy and Andy. The comic and annuals which the Anderson's Century 21 Merchandising produced used still photos of rather eerie looking (they weren't supposed to be so) dolls.

The comics especially are becoming very rare and valuable.