Liked
    0 times

hey, in the first james bond film Dr.no was the womans voice dubbed over because i thought she couldnt speak any english but my mate disagrees.

also when she sang it was dubbed over by a propper singer ??

any help will be appriciated

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Diana Coupland did the singing:

Although Bless This House (1971-76), created by the prolific comedy-writing partnership of Vince Powell and Harry Driver, was Coupland's most memorable role in front of the cameras, she also created a bit of film history by singing "Underneath the Mango Tree" in the first James Bond film, Dr No (1962) - dubbed over the miming of Ursula Andress for the scene in which the Swiss-born sex symbol's character, Honey Ryder, emerges from the sea. At the time, Coupland was married to Monty Norman, who composed the film's original music, including the enduring theme tune, orchestrated by John Barry.

THE INDEPENDENT obituary

Liked
    0 times
    thanks that stuffed my mate

so she could speak english but just couldnt sing ?

Liked
    7 times
    Ursula Andress was dubbed in Dr No because her accent was considered to be too thick. Separately the singing was dubbed by Diana Coupland (who only dubbed the singing not the rest of the performance). Claudine Auger was also dubbed in Thunderball by the same person (don't know her name).

Lots of voices were dubbed in these early Bonds (eg Gert Frobe in Goldfinger and Adolfo Celi In Thunderball).

If you want to hear Andress' real voice you have to catch her later films such as Red Sun.

Liked
    1 times
    According to Wikipedia she was dubbed for her speaking voice by Nikki van der Zyl.

Nikki van der Zyl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Liked
    7 times
    Thanks Lord Brett - I think she's doen a load of stuff not in the Wikpedia entry which seems confined to the Bond films. When I saw all the Connery's in quick succession a few years ago it started to get quite bizarre that most of the women had the same voice !!

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    4 times
    [

Lots of voices were dubbed in these early Bonds (eg Gert Frobe in Goldfinger and Adolfo Celi In Thunderball).
    If you want to hear Andress' real voice you have to catch her later films such as Red Sun.[/QUOTE]

RED SUN was a great western. Directed by Terence Young and had the brilliant Anthony Dawson playing a baddie. Dawson played the unseen Blofeld in two other Bonds. Strange thing is he had his voice dubbed too.