Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    This is deeply sad, but I have managed to ruin my tape of Alfred the Great by constantly replaying the same scene from the final battle.

Overall I think the film is cheerful late 60s/early 70s movie tosh, with every cliche except Please Wash Your Hands After Using This Urinal. But the scene where the Saxons are throwing their dead out of the shieldwall makes the movie for me.

Anyone else have any favourite scenes?

Senior Member Country: England jaycad's Avatar
    Liked
    100 times
    a bit of a cliche but the restaurant shooting scene in ' the godather'-i love the bit where michael corleones mental state is represented by the noise of what seems to be the new york subway whilst sollozzo talks away in the background!

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    69 times
    I could go on here,but I loved the final scene of The Godfather,not because it is the end - it is one of my faves - but the door shutting on Kay's face,as Michael jettisons the Michael she loved and he became the ruthless Michael,the new Godfather.

Ta Ta

Marky B

Senior Member Country: UK LocalHero's Avatar
    Liked
    2 times
    The scene in the barn in Witness between Harrison Ford and Kelly McGillis when they dance to the music on the car radio and you think they're going to kiss - much more sexual tension in that scene than in anything more explicit.

The end of The Railway Children.

The end of Braveheart.

The end of Manon des Sources when Cesar realises who Jean de Florette actually was.

There are so many individual scenes I love that I could go on all night.

Senior Member Country: England Captain Casper's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    "Funny how?" - Goodfellas.

Amazing scene, filled with menace - similar to the coin-tossing Xavier Bardem in "No Country for Old Men". I love those highly-charged stand-offs.

Right, might go watch the end of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Senior Member Country: United States theuofc's Avatar
    Liked
    399 times
    name='trelawnee']This is deeply sad, but I have managed to ruin my tape of Alfred the Great by constantly replaying the same scene from the final battle.

Overall I think the film is cheerful late 60s/early 70s movie tosh, with every cliche except Please Wash Your Hands After Using This Urinal. But the scene where the Saxons are throwing their dead out of the shieldwall makes the movie for me.

Anyone else have any favourite scenes?
    Many favourite scenes but one comes to mind: Indiana Jones, when Indy is standing in a Cairo marketplace being menaced by a black-robed swordsman twirling a huge sword Indy pauses, then takes out his pistol and shoots the swordsman. I can't help laughing every time I see that scene.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMLIOtBLqoU&feature=related]YouTube - Indiana Jones fight[/ame]

Barbara

Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    name='theuofc']Many favourite scenes but one comes to mind: Indiana Jones, when Indy is standing in a Cairo marketplace being menaced by a black-robed swordsman twirling a huge sword Indy pauses, then takes out his pistol and shoots the swordsman. I can't help laughing every time I see that scene.

YouTube - Indiana Jones fight

Barbara

There is a story that it was intended to be a long and involved fight scene but Harrison Ford was suffering badly from `Gyppy Tummy' so they had him shoot the swordsman to allow him to `return to the mahogany'. A nice story even if it is not true.

Senior Member Country: Scotland
    Liked
    0 times
    One of many off the top of my head is the original Planet Of The Apes ending where CH is riding along the beach only to find a derelict Statue Of Liberty half embedded in the sand, everything about that scene especially the way the director shoots it from the top looking down is simply stunning, and Heston's final word's are said with real feeling, and here it is....stunning it is indeed

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3U79aw2JUI]YouTube - PLANET OF THE APES - ENDING[/ame]

Senior Member Country: United States theuofc's Avatar
    Liked
    399 times
    name='dukdriver']There is a story that it was intended to be a long and involved fight scene but Harrison Ford was suffering badly from `Gyppy Tummy' so they had him shoot the swordsman to allow him to `return to the mahogany'. A nice story even if it is not true.

Whatever it takes to make a good scene! Thanks for the behind-the-camera story.

Barbara

Liked
    0 times
    One of the obvious ones has got to be blowing the van doors off in 'The Italian Job'.

Dukdriver,

It was also said at the time, that Harrison Ford improvised the scene as a joke and not even the director knew what he was going to do. But viewing the shot above, this seems unlikely, since the camera is placed directly behind Ford intentionally.

Liked
    69 times
    name='theuofc']Many favourite scenes but one comes to mind: Indiana Jones, when Indy is standing in a Cairo marketplace being menaced by a black-robed swordsman twirling a huge sword Indy pauses, then takes out his pistol and shoots the swordsman. I can't help laughing every time I see that scene.

YouTube - Indiana Jones fight

Barbara

I remember the round of applause it got in the cinema.

Ta Ta

Marky B

Liked
    0 times
    Oh, Mr Porter where Will Hay is seated in the rickety bus on his way to the railway station, and one of his fellow travellers asks him to look through the window. The windmill on a distant hill with the rain falling, just does something to me.

And the excellent 3 or 4 minutes in the film Night of the Hunter, where the two children float along the river in their boat, watched by an owl.

Liked
    144 times
    name='Captain Casper']"Funny how?" - Goodfellas.

Amazing scene, filled with menace - similar to the coin-tossing Xavier Bardem in "No Country for Old Men". I love those highly-charged stand-offs.

Right, might go watch the end of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Goodfellas again....

The opening scene, the car boot one, when the off-voice of Henry comes in, with the tittlles , saying something like: "I always wanted to be a gangster ...." ( with great vintage music !!)

Moon.

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    The scene in Get Carter where Jack watches the blue movie. Caine's face conveys a multitude of emotions over just a few seconds .... great acting from Maurice.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='moonfleet']Goodfellas again....

The opening scene, the car boot one, when the off-voice of Henry comes in, with the tittlles , saying something like: "I always wanted to be a gangster ...." ( with great vintage music !!)

Moon.

"As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster. "

Great sequence

Steve

Senior Member Country: Great Britain vincenzo's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    Sidney Poitier unwrapping the gift mug and seeing the signatures of his (now ex) pupils in the empty classroom at the end of To Sir With Love.

Liked
    0 times
    When Tom Hanks show up Or Mel Gibson !

in Forrest Gump 1994 - in the end .. when he Stand in Tomb Jenny ... Woooooow my tears in my eyes was a 100 litre !

Liked
    1 times
    The final scene of "Paths of Glory," with the future Mrs. Kubrik as the German singer.

The Dawn of Man scenes in "2001 a Space Odyssey," also Dave Bowman disconnecting HAL.

Uncle Charlie's opinion of rich widows in Hitchcock's "Shadow of Doubt," haunting in every detail.

The abortion scene in "Alfie," 1966, always grips me, one of ol' Mike's best performances.

And loads more.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    2 times
    the end scene in the long good friday when bob hoskins is whisked away abruptly in his own jag ,the sudden dawning on him that he's lost and the bitterness and anger is etched on his face ,great acting

the scene near the end of quad where jimmy confronts steph and realises what a slut she is . leslie ash says its her favourite scene in the voiceover on the dvd ,always struck me as a powerful moment in that film .

Senior Member Country: UK Mr Sloane's Avatar
    Liked
    239 times
    THe most haunting scene IMHO is Sykes murder of Nancy in Lean's Oliver Twist. The violence of the scene is mostly shown through the fear of Bullseye scrabbling to get out of the room and the soundtrack. No actual blood or gore but the most horrific killing I have "seen".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast