Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Country: UK Chevyman's Avatar
    Liked
    44 times
    I'll be watching the Big Yin in this series as he travels the route of the fabled North West Passage:-

LINK http://www.itv.com/PressCentre/Press...d/default.html

ITV1 at 21.00 tonight, 19 February then weekly

Senior Member Country: UK EHV_Emmetts's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    I hope he keeps his clothes ON in this series. He was always stripping-off in previous ones.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    A doctor writes...

"Dandelion, you have a serious life-threatening condition. Unless treated, you will die within two weeks".

"What is the treatment, doctor?"

"You must watch Billy Connolly's new series for any chance of recovery..."

"Oh well, I had a good innings...."

Liked
    44 times
    I thought the series made a good start last night. Centred mainly in Nova Scotia and Newfoundland; two beautiful areas of Canada which get little exposure on TV. The visit to the "Titanic" graves was interesting.

Good stuff

GRAEME
    name='Dandelion']A doctor writes...

"Dandelion, you have a serious life-threatening condition. Unless treated, you will die within two weeks".

"What is the treatment, doctor?"

"You must watch Billy Connolly's new series for any chance of recovery..."

"Oh well, I had a good innings...."

And then there's Richard Wilson travelling around in classic cars. Tony Robinson having a dump in every puib from Land's End to John O'Groats. Peter Purves trying out various perversions in brothels across the Far East. The corpse of Thora Hird visiting various undertakers in six different continents....

Why oh why oh why can't TV think of anything original!!!!?????

Liked
    44 times
    name='GRAEME']

And then there's Richard Wilson travelling around in classic cars. Tony Robinson having a dump in every puib from Land's End to John O'Groats. Peter Purves trying out various perversions in brothels across the Far East. The corpse of Thora Hird visiting various undertakers in six different continents....

Why oh why oh why can't TV think of anything original!!!!?????

.........and Oz and James in their old caravan

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    2 times
    Stopped watching Billy Connolly when he stopped being funny. I suppose the scenery might make up for him being on it though.

Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    name='716Jones']Stopped watching Billy Connolly when he stopped being funny. I suppose the scenery might make up for him being on it though.

When was he funny then? I must have missed that. I don't think any scenery could ever be good enough, if he was giving a guided tour of the Garden of Eden I wouldn't watch it. I would love to be able to watch Coast but I cannot bear to look at or listen to that other unkempt Scotsman either. Perhaps it is just old age creeping up that is making me intolerant.

GRAEME
    name='dukdriver']When was he funny then? I must have missed that. I don't think any scenery could ever be good enough, if he was giving a guided tour of the Garden of Eden I wouldn't watch it. I would love to be able to watch Coast but I cannot bear to look at or listen to that other unkempt Scotsman either. Perhaps it is just old age creeping up that is making me intolerant.

He was very funny in the mid to late seventies, observational humour based on his Glasgow childhood and a lot of working class life.

I'm afraid that as he got richer and more famous his worldview got narrower and he got out of touch with real life.

He can be a very effective straight actor.

Liked
    69 times
    name='GRAEME']He was very funny in the mid to late seventies, observational humour based on his Glasgow childhood and a lot of working class life.

I'm afraid that as he got richer and more famous his worldview got narrower and he got out of touch with real life.

He can be a very effective straight actor.

Does he not live in LA now?

Ta Ta

Marky B

Senior Member Country: Scotland narabdela's Avatar
    Liked
    20 times
    name='dukdriver']Perhaps it is just old age creeping up that is making me intolerant.

Intolerant of what exactly?

Liked
    7 times
    I believe he has a home on Gozo - probably not his main one though.

I do find him funny (when he avoids the gratuitous swearing that he rather irritatingly peppers throughout his stage act) and did enjoy the first in this series.

Hooray - 400 posts under my belt.

Liked
    2 times
    name='dukdriver']When was he funny then? I must have missed that. I don't think any scenery could ever be good enough, if he was giving a guided tour of the Garden of Eden I wouldn't watch it. I would love to be able to watch Coast but I cannot bear to look at or listen to that other unkempt Scotsman either. Perhaps it is just old age creeping up that is making me intolerant.

I am not exactly charmed by the many unkempt, longhaired English twats that abound on television there are many attractive British people on the box though

Liked
    0 times
    Watched it last night, thought it was worthy of Michael Palin on tne BBC. Really smashing, can't wait till he gets up to the far north! He has such a charming & light hearted way with people, you'd just love to meet him in a pub one evening!!! Bravo ITV! Even the commercial breaks don't ruin the show!

Liked
    2 times
    name='rostropovich']Watched it last night, thought it was worthy of Michael Palin on tne BBC. Really smashing, can't wait till he gets up to the far north! He has such a charming & light hearted way with people, you'd just love to meet him in a pub one evening!!! Bravo ITV! Even the commercial breaks don't ruin the show!

Many years ago in Glasgow Airport I was awaiting my husband returning and Billy Connolly came up to an information desk, and while he was there a small boy came up and asked him for his autograph, and he stopped what he was doing and said "Certainly son, what do you want me to say" and I thought what a nice considerate man he was to that small boy. I have had plenty of time for Billy Connolly since then. He is actually a typical Glaswegian. p.s. he is teetotal now.

Liked
    0 times
    Well at least a few of you liked the show. Someone had mentioned to me Billy was going to be doing this, I like most of Billy's stuff and see I only have to wait till March 16th to get a copy of the DVD.

Liked
    151 times
    name='GRAEME']

I think the Bigley 'joke' really bit him on the ass and whilst it was very misjudged, it also just wasn't funny.

I agree with Duk, I'd rather watch something with a knowledgeable non-celebrity rather than this new trend of putting <insert celeb name> in <insert country> on a very slim premise (my grandad once drank Guinness so I'm here in Dublin reading a researchers script).

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    I watched some of it and thought it was about as trivial as Stephen Fry's American programmes. The scenery was nice though.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    2 times
    i just cant watch billy anymore ,he stopped being funny decades ago and that "joke" he made about the hostage in iraq was terrible ,even the audience turned on him on that occasion

Senior Member Country: Scotland
    Liked
    0 times
    Agree with all posts regarding the scenery which is breathtaking, but to be honest Connolly isn't the most popular guy in Scotland, his early stuff is great but having to rub shoulder's with all his luvvie dahling friends now has left a sour taste in the mouth, he CAN be genuinely funny at times but his latest put down on his homeland while in Canada will be getting him more pelters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast