Senior Member Country: United States torinfan's Avatar
    Liked
    71 times
    Despite the controversy surrounding the original story that happened back in the late 1980's in Southington, Hollywood's now releasing a spiced up account that's a cross between Amityville Horror and The Exorcist and yes Roman Catholicism. I've been past the house myself and it doesn't really look any different on the outside. It used to be a funeral home and I know the part about the Snedecker boy having cancer is true (the family did have financial troubles at the time) but there were many conflicting original accounts among family members. At any rate it looks like it could be an interesting horror film for the upcoming summer season.

The Haunting in Connecticut

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    5 times
    There was a documentary on sky tv about this, the mother put her sons in the basement to sleep which was the morgue for the funeral home plus she used the morgue fridge to store food now call me fussy but not a hope in hell would i have lived there never mind using the fridge were they stored dead bodies to store my food and i love my kids far to much to stick them down in a disused morgue to sleep, were these people sick or what. Has there been any happenings since they moved out a new family moved in.

Liked
    71 times
    I saw the documentary on Discovery that's on Youtube then did some research on the Internet late last night. A few families have lived there since the Snedeckers, no hauntings. I didn't think real ghosts would be that choosy when it comes to who lives there. But it is an interesting story nonetheless.

Liked
    71 times
    From what I do know, the family's oldest son did have a drug problem. It seems to me if this was a real haunting, it would have been plastered all over the Hartford Courant back in the late 1980's. (I was born and raised in Bristol which borders the north town line of Southington). Ray Garton wrote a book called "In a Dark Place" which is about the house but had to pass it off as nonfiction per his publishing contract.

The Discovery documentary:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdKSokL5Abk]YouTube - Discovery] A Haunting In Connecticut Part 1 of 9[/ame]