Senior Member Country: Wales
    Liked
    0 times
    I remember two bits I think are from the same film. I've got a feeling there are two fugitives & they attempt to get work at a vineyard as experienced pickers & the owner says "Show me your hands" upon inspection he says something like "Your hands are too soft to be pickers" but employs them anyway.

I think the next bit is from the same film but not absolutely certain. The aforementioned characters are attempting to harvest the crop but a huge storm is approaching & they fire large rockets similar to lifeboat maroons into the sky in an attempt to dissipate the clouds (at least that's what I thought when I was a kid)

I'm unsure if it's a british fim TBH.

Cheers

Caine

Liked
    0 times
    Sounds a little bit like the 1957 film 'The Vintage' which focuses on two prisoners on the run who find work in a Vineyard.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    6 times
    Also sounds a bit like "Bitter Rice" (Risa Amaro)

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    name='Caine']I remember two bits I think are from the same film. I've got a feeling there are two fugitives & they attempt to get work at a vineyard as experienced pickers & the owner says "Show me your hands" upon inspection he says something like "Your hands are too soft to be pickers" but employs them anyway.

There's a scene in Anthony Mann's BORDER INCIDENT where Mexican Govt. agent Ricardo Montalban goes undercover as a picker and the first thing he's asked is to show his hands, which immediately give him away. He claims he is a fugitive and needs to escape to the US, so they agree to take him across the border to work.

Senior Member Country: Wales
    Liked
    0 times
    Hmmmm....I think it's a classic case of my ancient clockwork memory jumping a cog. I've looked up your suggestions & it sounds like a combination of all three. Can anyone remember the shooting rockets into the air scene?

Why would they do that anyway? Maybe to summon all the neighbouring workers for help in an emergency perhaps.

Gawd knows....cheers for the info guys, I'll keep on it & let you know.