Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    An article dated february 26th in my local paper The Gazette titled

I'M BIONIC JOKES FRANK

Funnyman Frank Carson has undergone hernia operation - but says he is well on the road to recovery.

The Fylde coast favourite has been plagued with health problems over the past few months- including being at 'death's door' just before Christmas when he was read the the last rites in hospital.

The comedian who lives on Newton Drive in Layton with his wife Ruth,underwent surgery last Thursday for a hernia,just a couple of months after an 11-day stay at Blackpool Victoria Hospital when he was struggling to breathe.

But he said he was up and about by the weekend and is well on the way to recovery

Frank who lost almost five stone in two years from a starting weight of 17st 11lbs,said 'i'm not bad now,i have improved.My thanks go to Blackpool Victoria Hospital for wonderful treatment'.

'I had a hernia operation on Thursday and i came out on Friday.I am recovering from that now.'

'I have been able to get out for a few walks with my wife'.

The 82-year old who has had a pacemaker fitted,revealed he had a serious incident in December when he had to be admitted to The Vic with breathing problems.

He said 'Apparently i was close to death.They told me i was given the last rites.I was looked after on the cardiac unit and the care was marvellous.It was like being in a hotel.I could have spent more time in there happily.I was in there for 11days and allowed home just before christmas,so i was able to enjoy the festive season.I'm just taking it easy at the moment.I have a few appearances planned,but i've had to turn down work to give my body a chance to recover.I am also hoping to start working again on my autobiography.I have to have a knee operation at some point in the not-too-distant future.By the time i reach 83,i will be like the Bionic Man with all these operations. I might start wearing a C on my chest instead of Superman i will be Carsonman.And of course my wife is making sure i take it easy.,

Senior Member Country: England Captain Casper's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Great to see he's on the road to recovery.

Senior Member Country: UK Moor Larkin's Avatar
    Liked
    120 times
    It's the way they read 'em..................

Liked
    69 times
    Here is wishing for a speedy recovery - a great comedian.

He once said his wife doesn't like him. When he was having a heart attack,she wrote to the ambulance service.

Ta Ta

Marky B

Liked
    0 times
    83! Not bad for a Bionic Man!

Senior Member Country: UK Dandy Forsdyke's Avatar
    Liked
    12 times
    Frank Carson's brother was rude to me once....

Member Country: Wales
    Liked
    0 times
    I really do think that Frank is one of the neglected Greats of British comedy. He was treated appallingly by that oaf Adrian Chiles on BBC One's The One Show when he was publicising a comedy tour. Frank has more talent in his big toe than these po faced members of the pc mob. All the best Frank!

Liked
    2 times
    Frank Carson has had another health scare according to local Blackpool paper "The Gazette" . A story in August 29th edition lead with "COMIC RECOVERS AFTER CANCER OP" , "Blackpool comedy legend Frank Carson is recovering from an operation in a battle against stomach cancer.The article ends with "Frank, who can list electrician and plasterer as past careers, is recovering at home".