Liked
    0 times
    I'm going to belfast on saturday with a friend and i'm thinking of going to see Marley and me, has anyone seen it and is it worth the trip? Thanks!

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='Filmfan1']I'm going to belfast on saturday with a friend and i'm thinking of going to see Marley and me, has anyone seen it and is it worth the trip? Thanks!
    Well your avatar seems to imply that you like dogs. That could be an advantage.

Mark Kermode gave it a wonderfully scathing review on The Culture Show

Although Belfast is worth a visit for lots of other reasons

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    Thats Ellie my baby lol!

I bought the book ages ago and never got around to reading it so i was thinking that i might just go and watch the film instead. I like Jennifer Aniston, sometimes i feel sorry for her because she mostly gets slated in the media and critics tend to put her performances down which i feel is a bit unfair really considering Meg Ryan is still around lol!

Loved Jennifer in the film Derailed, thought she was fabulous! And i adore Owen Wilson! Mark Kermode is a critic, but going on the theory that he isn't the film's target audience i.e not a chick, maybe i will check it out. Although having said all of that he is usually right isn't he?

Belfast is a great city, much prefer it to Dublin any day but then i am a northerner so i would be biased lol! But what reasons is there to visit Belfirste other than pubs and shopping? I am confused..... lol!

Liked
    418 times
    name='Filmfan1']Belfast is a great city, much prefer it to Dublin any day but then i am a northerner so i would be biased lol! But what reasons is there to visit Belfirste other than pubs and shopping? I am confused..... lol!
    Aren't the pubs enough of a reason?

There are some nice places there and they have a big wheel which is nearly as good as the one in London

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    Been on the wheel a few times, i'm glad they've decided not to take it down. It's in a great spot! I've also been on the Nottingham one and the York one. The one in york is just unbelievably bad! You can't see a thing, only railway lines the cathedral, and thats your lot. It's miles away from anywhere lol!

I've yet to go on the London eye, yet i have been to London several times, will go on it next time i am over.

Have you ever been to Belfast?, sounds like you have. Trouble is really brewing big time at the moment so maybe i wont get going anywhere this saturday if trains aren't running. That's quite normal over here when trouble kicks off they tend to start burning public transport vehicles etc, not to mention bomb threats on the lines etc etc.

Ah well, might just have to wait until it comes out on DVD!

Liked
    418 times
    name='Filmfan1']Been on the wheel a few times, i'm glad they've decided not to take it down. It's in a great spot! I've also been on the Nottingham one and the York one. The one in york is just unbelievably bad! You can't see a thing, only railway lines the cathedral, and thats your lot. It's miles away from anywhere lol!

I've yet to go on the London eye, yet i have been to London several times, will go on it next time i am over.

Have you ever been to Belfast?, sounds like you have. Trouble is really brewing big time at the moment so maybe i wont get going anywhere this saturday if trains aren't running. That's quite normal over here when trouble kicks off they tend to start burning public transport vehicles etc, not to mention bomb threats on the lines etc etc.

Ah well, might just have to wait until it comes out on DVD!
    Nottingham, lots of pubs and lots of Boulevards.

York, the railway and the Minster and that's about it. Miles from anywhere is about right

Yes, I've been to Belfast. I've been to most places in these British Isles. Some places are higher on my list for a re-visit than others.

Belfast would be quite nice, as would all of the six counties, if they didn't teach the children to hate quite so much and so early. Tackling that is the only way to really end the troubles. Some people manage to break their conditioning, but most don't

Steve

Senior Member Country: Wales
    Liked
    0 times
    My daughter wants to see this. There seems to be a trend lately for animal based ‘family’ movies and this one does have them behaving as animals.

My ex and I have an alternate system – he took 'Beverley Hills Chihuahua' and I took her to see ‘Bolt’. On balance I think I got the better deal, so I will trundle along for this one and take an interest in how Owen Wilson fares in a film such as this.

Senior Member Country: England Captain Casper's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    It has Owen Wilson in it.

Reason enough to stay far, far away I'd have thought.

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    Someone at work brought in a bootleg of it the other night ...... it sent me to sleep pretty sharpish.

Senior Member Country: England faginsgirl's Avatar
    Liked
    416 times
    name='Captain Casper']It has Owen Wilson in it.

I agree, but the dog looks a lot more attractive, in fact quite cute, so may be worth a watch.

xx

Senior Member Country: Wales
    Liked
    0 times
    name='Captain Casper']It has Owen Wilson in it.

Owen Wilson had credibility once.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNkPjWtB4NA&feature=related]YouTube - BOTTLE ROCKET SHORT (1992) The beginning[/ame]

I thought he was amusing in the 'family film' Night at the museum.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    69 times
    Jennifer Anniston is in it.

Ta Ta

Marky B

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    name='Marky B']Jennifer Anniston is in it.

Ta Ta

Marky B

Hi Marky ....

Liked
    0 times
    name='Steve Crook']Nottingham, lots of pubs and lots of Boulevards.

York, the railway and the Minster and that's about it. Miles from anywhere is about right

Yes, I've been to Belfast. I've been to most places in these British Isles. Some places are higher on my list for a re-visit than others.

Belfast would be quite nice, as would all of the six counties, if they didn't teach the children to hate quite so much and so early. Tackling that is the only way to really end the troubles. Some people manage to break their conditioning, but most don't

Steve

The 90's was the worst, i live in what became known as the murder triangle, thats how bad it was.

Hey Marky B! Jennifer is waving back at you!

Liked
    69 times
    name='batman']Hi Marky ....

Thanks,Bats

Ta Ta

Marky B

Liked
    69 times
    name='Filmfan1']

Hey Marky B! Jennifer is waving back at you!

I know

Ta Ta

Marky B

Liked
    0 times
    Well, not going to see it today but not because of troubles!, trip postponed to next week. Atleast i get time to read the book now lol!