Senior Member Country: Australia
    Liked
    15 times

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='Arthur Linden-Jones']Sunhill Police Station

deer park road, merton, london - Google Maps

And if you go around the corner to Merantun Way you can see where they store all the police vehicles, traffic cones and other props.

I live fairly close to there and whenever we see a police car we always have to double check to see if it's a real one or if they're filming The Bill.

Mind you, a local beat copper that I mentioned this to said it's easy to tell which is which - the actors get better fitting uniforms

Steve

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    7 times
    name='mariocki']Check this one out and scan left:

110 Gretna Rd, Branson, MO, United States - Google Maps

And this one:

526 7th st, rapid city, sd - Google Maps
    How about this one then?

Southlands Road, Denham, Buckinghamshire, England, UK - Google Street View

Just what you expect to find up a quiet country lane!

I only found it because it's just down the road from the farm used in the climax scenes of The Sweeney episode "Thou Shalt Not Kill".

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Mark O's Avatar
    Liked
    202 times
    name='MartinU']How about this one then?

Southlands Road, Denham, Buckinghamshire, England, UK - Google Street View

Just what you expect to find up a quiet country lane!

I only found it because it's just down the road from the farm used in the climax scenes of The Sweeney episode "Thou Shalt Not Kill".

Flippin 'eck!..........reminded me of the Thunderbirds episode where they transport a Rocket by Road across a Chain Suspension Bridge that eventually gives way

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    name='Mark O']It's been a French-reg black Astra roving around southern essex also, surely there's more than one car in use?..........and why 'French' registered I wonder, hmmm

The Google car went down my road last Summer. I don't know if it was taking pics but I was leaning out of the window at the time ! So I live in hope of being world famous.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain mariocki's Avatar
    Liked
    32 times
    Another 210 000 miles of roads will be added tomorrow, meaning 96% of the UK will be covered:

Google Street View to cover 96 per cent of UK roads from tomorrow - Crave at CNET UK

Super Moderator Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    86 times
    I saw one of the cars again yesterday. It was driving west along the A6 from Market Deeping towards Tallington. And not the first time I've seen it in the Peterborough area.

Nick

Senior Member Country: Lithuania Cooper S's Avatar
    Liked
    4 times
    name='mariocki']Another 210 000 miles of roads will be added tomorrow, meaning 96% of the UK will be covered:

Google Street View to cover 96 per cent of UK roads from tomorrow - Crave at CNET UK

Ah - Wonder if this will show me doing a three point turn in Amersham !

Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Google Street View actually came about at the right time for me as Im currently constructing a website called Gloucestershire On Screen, which requires lots of before and after / now and then shots. Anyway, maybe you would like to have a look at it - Home (Gloucestershire On Screen)

1970s comedies locations Butterflies and Crossroads are in there and almost complete, as are the films Whistle Blower and If... --- though some of it is incomplete!

Liked
    0 times
    Can someone please explain to me why ordinary citizens are repeatedly prevented from taking photographs in public places (in the name of anti-terrorism), but Google are allowed to image apparently every local, in detail, in the UK, which could then be accessed by any potential terrorist from the comfort of their own living rooms?

Senior Member Country: Lithuania Cooper S's Avatar
    Liked
    4 times
    Yes, I'd quite like an answer to that as well.

Liked
    0 times
    Anyone know how the government gets round this one? And why no one in a position of power has seemingly asked it?

Liked
    0 times
    name='Torquemada']Can someone please explain to me why ordinary citizens are repeatedly prevented from taking photographs in public places (in the name of anti-terrorism), but Google are allowed to image apparently every local, in detail, in the UK, which could then be accessed by any potential terrorist from the comfort of their own living rooms?

Yes Al Kaida can now look right at my street and front door thanks to Google Maps.

Liked
    0 times
    name='taffy1967']Yes Al Kaida can now look right at my street and front door thanks to Google Maps.

..and anyone else's, so it sort of makes a mockery of the police stopping everyone else photographing UK buildings.

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello Everyone. Sorry for asking probably a daft question, but how do you copy/save a StreetView photo onto your computer? Cheers, Rob

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Press the Alt Gr (Alternate Graphic) and Prt Scr (Print Screen) keys together.

Click the Start menu, then All Programs - Accessories - Paint.

After you've clicked Paint a new window opens. You should see a white square against a grey background.

Click Edit, then Paste and the image/page you want to save will appear on the screen.

Right-click the screen, choose Copy To and the My Pictures window pops up. Save picture.

Alternatively, if you have Picasa installed, all you have to do is press Alt Gr and Prt Scr and the image is stored immediately.

Example of what it should look like (Stanmore Hall street view):

GRAEME
    name='taffy1967']Yes Al Kaida can now look right at my street and front door thanks to Google Maps.

Oddly, anyone can do that - just by walking along your street and using their eyes. Sinister, huh. I think you'll find the front view of your street is kinda public that way.

The only answer to this is blinding. Everyone on the planet. I think it's called for - in the name of security. Let them try and bomb us then!!!

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    name='cornershop15']Press the Alt Gr (Alternate Graphic) and Prt Scr (Print Screen) keys together.

Click the Start menu, then All Programs - Accessories - Paint.

After you've clicked Paint a new window opens. You should see a white square against a grey background.

Click Edit, then Paste and the image/page you want to save will appear on the screen.

Right-click the screen, choose Copy To and the My Pictures window pops up. Save picture.

Alternatively, if you have Picasa installed, all you have to do is press Alt Gr and Prt Scr and the image is stored immediately.

Great stuff -- many thanks Cornershop. Easy when you know how, innit!

Senior Member Country: UK Moor Larkin's Avatar
    Liked
    120 times
    Best save pix of all the *secret* places quick.............

The blessed Government has just found out...............

Google Street View 'forced to remove images of secret British security bases' - Telegraph

I was just checking out the route for my uncle, who has been banged (up) for ages... but now I think I have figured the way out.....

dartmoor prison - Google Maps

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Mark O's Avatar
    Liked
    202 times

LOL, checked my house on streetview and I left my bedroom window open, will I ever be safe in my bed again now the whole world knows where I live?!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast