Senior Member Country: UK rose ellen's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    I wonder if anyone knows the title of this film which I saw in 1981 on video.My brother rented it for my children to watch when he first got a video recorder.

At the beginning a wizard or sorcerer brought to life some faces that were carved on rock. When they came to life they started moaning in pain and my father asked my brother if he was sure it was a PG.

After that the wizard or sorcerer pointed his finger at a witch and her stomach got bigger and bigger,until it exploded,then my father decided it wasn`t suitable as the children were so young, even though it was a PG, and it got turned off.

My brother watched it later on his own and said it calmed down a lot after that and would have been ok.

I haven`t wanted to watch it again but I remember it vividly and wonder what it was.

I asked my brother and he remembers the film but not what it is called.

Banned Country: UK
    Liked
    6 times
    name='rose ellen']I wonder if anyone knows the title of this film which I saw in 1981 on video.My brother rented it for my children to watch when he first got a video recorder.

At the beginning a wizard or sorcerer brought to life some faces that were carved on rock. When they came to life they started moaning in pain and my father asked my brother if he was sure it was a PG.

After that the wizard or sorcerer pointed his finger at a witch and her stomach got bigger and bigger,until it exploded,then my father decided it wasn`t suitable as the children were so young, even though it was a PG, and it got turned off.

My brother watched it later on his own and said it calmed down a lot after that and would have been ok.

I haven`t wanted to watch it again but I remember it vividly and wonder what it was.

I asked my brother and he remembers the film but not what it is called.

When you typed " I saw in 1981 on video" do you mean it was an older film ie in b/w or much later than that in colour ?

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Maybe this one, it has a similar scene:

The Sword and the Sorcerer (1982)

Liked
    1 times
    When you typed " I saw in 1981 on video" do you mean it was an older film ie in b/w or much later than that in colour ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was in colour but I don`t know how old it was.I think it had a simple title like The Sorceress orsomething like that

Liked
    1 times
    It wasn`t The Sword and the Sorcerer as Amazon says that is an 18 and it was definitlely a PG